Certified Scrum Product Owner
Certified Scrum Product Owner - Chicago, IL
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.
Why Attend 3Back's Certified Scrum Product Owner Training?
- Delivered by industry leading experts
- Develop a real product in class
- Sharpen essential scrum and agile skills
- Discover the impact of how agile/scrum works
- Earn Your Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) designation from the Scrum Alliance.
- We are a PMI Registered Education Provider
- We make training fun and provide lunch :-)
High Quality Training from Top Scrum Experts at 3Back
- Delivered by leading Scrum trainers in the US
- Training ulitzing modern adult learning practices
- Robust simulations and relavent Scrum applications
Optional Reading for the Course
Exploring Scrum: The Fundamentals (People, Product, and Practices) by Dan Rawsthorne and Doug Shimp. Dan Rawsthorne and Doug Shimp have trained and coached thousands of people, most of them whom are already using Scrum, their most common complaint is that they need help to do it right. And many (if not most) of them need some help.
This book is for them and others like them.
This book is not an introductory text. Dan and Doug assume that those who read this book know, or think they know, something about Scrum. This book takes a deep, exploratory, look into the Scrum framework, and offers advice about how to think about it, and how to use it. Some of this advice is philosophical, some is pragmatic, some is practical, and some of it is controversial.
Hosted by: 3Back Scrum Training
Managed By: 3Back's Digital Marketing Partner Tuna Traffic
24-25 Jul 2012
Courtyard By Marriott - Schaumburg
Discounted seats available. Contact Brian Glatzel for more information.
What you get...
PMI Professional Development Units (PDU's)
The course is an intensive interactive session designed to leverage your experiences so that you can explore the practice of Scrum and relate it to your work environment.
- Agility: Values and Principles
- Agile Framework: Roles, Artifacts, and Ceremonies
- Problems and Solutions
- Stakeholders and Users
- Needs and Features
- Assumptions, Dependencies, and Constraints
- Other Requirements
- Releases and Milestones
- Elements and Dependencies
Working with User Roles, User Stories, and Acceptance Tests
- Understanding Context and Users
- User Stories and Gathering Techniques
- INVEST in Good Stories
- Acceptance Tests and Detailing User Stories
- The Product Owner in the Enterprise
Course Goals and Objectives
- Create compelling visions and actionable roadmapping
- Use three roles, three ceremonies, and three artifacts to manage the flow of work
- Work with user roles, user stories, and acceptance tests
Who Should Attend
- Representing the needs of users and customers in development of agile products
- Facing complex product/project development efforts on all levels of the corporate structure dealing with rapidly changing demands and complex efforts
- Product Managers, Testers, PM, Analysts, Developers, Managers, Directors, CIO'S, CTO's, CMO's, and CEO's
Participants should have either:
Benefits of Scrum Framework
- Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads. The ScrumMaster uses the framework to help the team mature.
- The roles of ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team form a triangle that sits at the core of the Scrum Framework.
- Scrum describes several patterns for helping the team improve it's velocity so that it can deliver on the promise of product development.
Why a Scrum Product Owner
- Product Owners hold a key role in delivering and developing complex products.
- Managing the feature work of a story is a critical Product Owner skill.
- Adapting between an outward and an inward facing product development vision is the key to success.
What you get...
- Engaging scrum training from a leading industry expert with years of practical experience
- Certification by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- Refreshments and delicious lunch served both days
- Coffee is hot and available throughout training
- Course kit includes a color workbook/reference guide, sprint planning cards, and job aids