Certified Scrum Product Owner
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.
Go Platinum - and experience what world-class training can do.
Our immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum- just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
• Famed thought leader and author of "Agile Project Management for Dummies" Mark Layton, also known as Mr. Agile®, a double MBA who has successfully built multiple companies and understands first hand the business side of Scrum
• All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few agile consulting firms that have been in business for over a decade
• Post-course assessment and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
• Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMI’s PMP and PMI-ACP certifications by a PMI Registered Education Provider®
• Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance
• A 132-page student guide for note taking and future reference
A thousand student recommendations speak to our superior training:
"Mark was engaging and knowledgeable. His material was diverse and he kept it entertaining. Great real-world examples. I have so much I would like to introduce to my teams as a result of this training. Enthusiastically recommend."
"Instructor knowledge and experiences created a reality not seen in other courses. Enthusiastically recommend."
"I liked that we were actually implementing all of the skills we were taught. Enthusiastically recommend."
"The mix of instruction, activities, videos, and real-world examples made the time fly by. I wish the course was 3-days-- I don't want to leave. Enthusiastically recommend."
"Mark's ability to provide examples of how he applied Agile in real companies and solved actual project problems made the concepts click. Enthusiastically recommend."
We also provide breakfast, snacks, and drinks to keep you energized and motivated throughout the day.
In addition to Product Owner certification, we offer Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), PMI-ACP prep, and private onsite training.
Sign up for a training course near you: http://www.platinumedge.com/training
Discover how Platinum Edge can give you the Agile advantage: http://www.platinumedge.com/
26-27 Jul 2012
Culver City, CA
Courtyard Los Angeles Westside
Continential breakfast, refreshments, and snacks are provided both days of the course.
We gladly accept corporate POs.
This course assumes basic understanding of agile development. Attending our Certified Scrum Master or Agile Essentials class prior to this course is recommended, but not necessary.
Topics included in this course are:
• Scrum concepts
- Theory and principles
- How the scrum system supports agile development increments
- Planning and tracking with scrum
- Shippable functionality
- Product owner, scrum master and
development team roles
• In-depth understanding of the product owner role, including
- Establishing the product goals
- Delivering Return on Investment
- Becoming the expert on product features
- Maintaining the required features in the product backlog
- Estimating requirements with a development team
- Prioritizing product backlog items
- Representing the customer
• Scrum artifacts
- Product backlog
- Sprint backlog
- Burndown charts
• Scrum meetings
- Sprint planning
- Daily scrum
- Sprint review
• Tips on, techniques for and benefits of helping clients and management understand the scrum system.
• How to transition into use of scrum, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges