PMI-ACP Prep + Certified ScrumMaster Training
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Our intensive, three-day Certified ScrumMaster + PMI-ACPSM course offers you a strong foundation in the Scrum framework and agile principles plus an extensive overview of the knowledge areas, tools and techniques required for the PMI Agile Certified PractitionerSM. The real-world experience of BigVisible’s Certified Scrum Trainers allows us to incorporate practical advice and time-tested techniques into this hands-on workshop. After completing the course:
- You will be eligible to take the test and apply for the Scrum Alliance CSM
- You can apply for 21 PMP PDUs with the Project Management Institute and meet all 21 hours to meet the Educational Requirement for the PMI-ACPSM exam
What is Scrum?
Scrum is one of the largest and fastest-growing agile frameworks. It is a simple, yet powerful way to boost team productivity, elevate quality, and accelerate project delivery.
This course covers pragmatic practices for long and short-range planning, project execution, and progress reporting. It provides an examination of the Scrum project lifecycle as well as an in-depth exploration of the Scrum roles, ceremonies, and artifacts. Exercises, case studies, and examples are interwoven into each class to illustrate agile principles and practices.
25-27 Jan 2012
Courtyard Minneapolis Bloomington
- Team-based “Scrum Game” as well as additional Agile games that introduces key values, principles and concepts
- Discussion of the Scrum framework plus other Agile frameworks such as eXtreme Programming and Kanban
- In-depth look at the product backlog and agile planning
- Illustration of Scrum product development
- Side-by-Side comparison of Scrum and Waterfall
- Closer look at agile documentation
- Reflecting on the Project Management Body of Knowledge to understand how this remains the same and where it changes in adopting agile
- Experiential setting for participants to put the values, principles and concepts into action in a safe, learning environment
BigVisible’s CSM + PMI-ACPSM course offers a solid grounding in the Scrum framework and the ScrumMaster role. Although Project Management experience is helpful, this course will enable other professionals who are cultivating their Agile and Scrum skills on the road to becoming a certified Agile Practitioner.
What are the learning objectives?
- Discover the basics of Scrum and fundamental agile principles
- Understand how Scrum helps organizations cope with change, budget constraints, quality issues, and other challenges
- Know the ScrumMaster role and how it differs from a traditional project manager
- Learn how to organize, plan, and execute a Scrum project
- Agile Planning & Estimating
- Communication & Soft Skills Negotiation
- Moving Product Quality “Up” in the Process
- Risk Management
- Value Based Prioritization including Value Stream Analysis
- Inspecting & Adapting Including When and How to use Metrics