All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
The 2-day CSM class equips participants with the knowledge, skills, and tools to successfully implement Scrum as ScrumMasters. The highly interactive 2-day class provides a foundational understanding of the Scrum framework and gives participants hands-on practice applying Scrum in multiple project settings and situations.
Using a combination of interactive presentations, problem-solving exercises, and team-structured simulations, the experiential CSM 2-day class will enable participants to:
- Understand the core principles, strategies, and practices of Scrum
- Practice applying Scrum in multiple project settings and situations
- Cultivate the ScrumMaster mindset vital to effectively managing
projects and teams
- Gain skills and confidence in effectively communicating Scrum principles to managers and team members alike
13-14 Mar 2012
Marriott Dulles Marriott Suites
Participants will receive course materials at the course. The CSM course was formulated to train ScrumMasters and is used worldwide for ScrumMaster training. Participants should download and read the Scrum Primer prior to attending the class.
Registration and Fees
- Overview of Scrum
- Product Backlog
- Release Planning and Estimation
- Role of the Product Owner
- Role of the ScrumMaster
- Leading Self-Organizing Teams
- Sprint Practices
- Metrics and Reporting
Managers, team leads, project managers, or other team members who wish to learn how to apply Scrum principles and rules to create high performing teams focused on rapid value delivery to their customers