All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
Many organizations are adopting Agile approaches to improve their software development capability, following the lead of the path-finding Internet era companies who have shown the way to rapid innovation and dominance in their market spaces. This 2-day course provides a great foundation for anyone adopting Scrum, the most popular Agile framework.
Scrum is a deceptively simple framework and you will quickly learn about its roles, artefacts and process. However, its adaptive nature and impact on traditional organizational models and ways of working requires a fundamental grasp of the underlying principles for a truly successful implementation.
We put theory into practice in a number of exercises and simulations which are both enjoyable and instructive.
- Understand the Agile principles and ethos at the heart of Scrum
- Learn the mechanics of Scrum: roles, artifacts and process
- Self-organizing teams and how they work
- Backlogs and how to use them
- Supporting practices
- Potentially shippable code and delivering in vertical increments
- Real control through empirical feedback
- Scaling Scrum without breaking it
- Industry recognized accreditation and foundation on which to build:
- Certified Scrum Practitioner
- Certified Scrum Coach
- Certified Scrum Trainer
- Certified Scrum Developer
15-16 Jun 2011
World Trade Center
Despite its name, this course is not just for ScrumMasters but is an effective primer for anyone who will be closely involved with teams adopting Scrum.