Agile Project Management (CSM / PMI Agile)
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
This 3-day intensive workshop provides instructions on the key areas necessary to take on the role of leading or participating in teams utilizing Scrum and Agile. The session will cover the Scrum framework as defined by Scrum Alliance and include a review the material defined by the Project Management Institute’s PMI Agile Certification Examination Content Outline. The material will be presented through lecture, group discussion of case studies, and group exercises. Successful completion of this workshop will satisfy the requirements necessary to apply for Scrum Master Certification as well as the provide attendees with the Agile training hours required for the PMI Agile Certification Exam.
Participants who successfully complete this course will:
- Understand the dynamics of the Scrum framework and how to make use of the practices necessary to realize the benefits of an Agile approach
- Understand how to begin developing a plan to implement Scrum in their current work environment
- Understand the differences between Agile and a traditional “waterfall” approach to leading projects
- Understand the basic differences that are necessary in leadership style when managing projects using Scrum as opposed to a traditional approach
- Understand the structure PMI has defined for their Agile Certification Exam
- Understand key Tools and Techniques defined by PMI for their Agile Certification Exam
- Understand the Knowledge and Skills defined by PMI for their Agile Certification Exam
- Understand the Domains and Tasks defined by PMI for their Agile Certification Exam
- Meet the requirements for Certified Scrum Master
- Meet the training requirements for PMI Agile Certification
3-5 Aug 2011
New York, NY
Discounted seats available. Contact Dave Prior for more information.
Pricing and Availability
The cost for the 3-day special Agile Project Management Program is $1,500/seat. Special discounts are available for early bird registration as well as members of the Scrum Alliance, the Project Management Institute, educators and students.
Early Bird Discount
A special early bird discount price of $1,250/seat is available to those who register before July 1, 2011.
Scrum Alliance and PMI Discount
A special 10% discount rate of $1,350/seat is available to members of the Scrum Alliance and PMI. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and the special registration code.
A special 10% discount rate of $1,350/seat is available to educators and students. Please send us an email to email@example.com for more information and the special registration code.
If you believe it necessary to cancel your registration, we will issue a full refund minus a $100 administration fee for cancellations received in writing at least 10 business days prior to the event. The registration fee is non-refundable for cancellations made less than 10 days prior to the event. In those cases, you may transfer your registration fee to a future ProjectWizards training course at no additional cost (for similarly priced seminars) or arrange for a substitute person to attend.
Those who do not cancel and do not attend are responsible for the full registration fee. ProjectWizards reserves the right to cancel or reschedule and will give notice in advance. We are not responsible for penalties resulting from use of discount or other airfares.
Material covered in this session will include (but is not limited to):
- Introduction to Agile
- The Scrum Framework
- The Scrum Process
- Roles, Ceremonies and Artifacts
- Writing User Stories
- Developing and Maintaining a Product Backlog
- Best Practices for Estimation
- Leading Scrum Teams
- Working with Scrum in a Waterfall environment
- Leading Distributed and Offshore Scrum Teams
- Agile Tools and Techniques (as defined in the PMI Agile Certification Examination Content Outline)
- Agile Knowledge and Skills (as defined in the PMI Agile Certification Examination Content Outline)
- Agile Domains and Tasks (as defined in the PMI Agile Certification Examination Content Outline)
This class is ideal for Project Managers, Product Owners, Team Leads or Team Members who are interested in learning more about Scrum and leading Agile projects, as well as anyone pursuing either Certified Scrum Master or PMI Agile Certification.
Participants must be present and actively engaged 100% of the time in order to qualify for Certified Scrum Master Qualification. Participants will receive a list of reading material to read in preparation for the class.