Intro to Scrum
This is a one-day course about the Scrum framework and is designed for the participants to leverage their professional knowledge and experience to understand what make Scrum effective at managing projects. In addition, the class will be run as a one-day Scrum with the instructor acting as their ScrumMaster, allowing the participants to see the Scrum framework in action.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- List the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
- Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all meetings, roles and artifacts.
- Describe the rights and responsibilities of each role in Scrum – Team member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster and stakeholder.
- Explain the purpose for each Scrum meeting and how they support the Scrum framework.
- Use typical tools employed by Scrum Teams everywhere to monitor progress and report status.
The learning objectives of the class will be driven by the needs of the participants, opportunities to reflect-and-adapt on the class direction will be offered at regular intervals and adjustments will be made to achieve the learning objective of the students. By the close of the training, the participants will have gained the confidence and understanding to begin to socialize Scrum within their own organizations and support teams in improving their processes.
Perfect entry level class for people wanting to know more about Scrum or Team members on Scrum teams.