Certified ScrumMaster (English and Chinese)
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
What will you learn?
In this 2-days course you will learn how to guide a team, a project, or an organization into a process of rapid delivery of valuable results. Exercises, case studies, and examples are used to assist you to develop the knowledge, skills, capabilities and insights needed to make the shift from traditional management practices to Scrum practices.
The specific learning objectives are the following:
Scrum project management practices that enable hyper-productive projects;
Scrum processes and facilitation tools that improve the productivity of the team;
Scrum collaboration methods to remove the barriers between the team and the customer;
Improve the lives of the team members by facilitating creativity and empowerment.
Why this course?
- This course is given and designed by Certified Scrum Trainer™ Mishkin Berteig, one of the most experienced Agile trainers and coaches in the world.
- Two intensive days of training with exercises, simulations, discussion and lecture.
- Seminar material designed to balance practical hands-on application and the theory and principles so you can adapt to your workplace.
- Most critical course materials available in Chinese.
- For the length of the seminar, the instructor is assisted by Brenda Bao, which is one of the best Agile coaches in China and a native Chinese speaker.
- Classroom management using agile methods so that you can learn by example.
- Electronic copies of all seminar materials.
- Eligible for 16 PMI PDUs if you are a member of the Project Management Institute.
- Certification as a ScrumMaster at the ScrumAlliance.
- 2 years paid membership in the ScrumAlliance.
11-12 Mar 2011
Cosy City Hotel
1. History and Foundations
2. Scrum Overview
3. Sprint Simulation I
4. Transparency and Done
5. The ScrumMaster
6. Self-Organizing Teams
7. Release Planning
8. Sprint Simulation II
Plus optional topics depending on time:
- User Stories
- Scaling Scrum
- Scrum and the Organization
- Engineering Practices