Certified Scrum Product Owner
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.
Building a product with a new process can be a daunting prospect. Being asked to serve as the team’s Product Owner can be downright intimidating.
This 2-day course teaches you the requires knowledge to become an effective product owner and guide the emergence of the product your customers need in the most direct way possible. It employs hands-on exercises as well as interactive instruction to give you the best possible foundation for succeeding in the Product Owner role.
You will Learn
- How to launch a Scrum project
- The role and responsibilities of the Product Owner
- How to establish and support a vision for your product with the entire team
- Create and maintain a good product backlog
- How to plan, estimate and track releases
- How to help teams plan, execute and review sprints
- Better business value engineering
- How to use the empirical tools of Scrum to manage scope, budget or schedule constraints
- How to work with agile teams and stakeholders
- How to use other tools such as:
- Muscow analysis and Kano planning
- Planning poker
- Collaborative Innovation Games ®
You will Receive
- High quality training
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner®
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A lunch, afternoon snack, and a ready supply of drinks
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
About the Instructor
Clinton Keith, an experienced Certified Scrum Trainer based in San Diego, has over 25 years of product development experience with over seven years of experience shipping products using Scrum and training teams to use it. In addition to teaching public courses, he works directly with teams on location to assist them in their adoption of agile.
11-12 Apr 2011
Conscires Agile Practices
- An overview of Scrum
- The Product Owner role
- Creating the vision for your product
- Sprints (Planning, Executing, Reviewing)
- Creating and maintaining product backlog
- Scaling the product owner
- Release planning and management
The CSPO course is for managers, analysts, and product managers or anyone interested in working on or with a Scrum team in a business or customer side role. You will leave with solid knowledge of how and why Scrum works. Through practical, hands-on exercises and small-group discussion you will be well prepared to plan your first (or next) sprint immediately after this class
ScrumMasters benefit from this course since they must coach Product Owners in these skills.