All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
The topics of the course is set up to follow a logical sequence. We start with the background: Which problems is Scrum designed to solve? How is the relationship between Scrum and other frameworks and philosophies? After that we dig deep into the different elements of the framework and discuss how to plan, follow up and finish the product increments in iterations. We will also cover what you might call "best practices". Which techniques and tools is proven to work great together with Scrum.
Since the trainer also is an experiences Agile coach, the theory will be made clear with a lot of anectodes and real experienceses.
The training is done with a lot of exercises. Be prepared to do hard work. The training will give you the feeling of Scrum itself.
25-26 Oct 2010
Hotel Orbis Wrocław
Course material will be provided at the beginning of the course. Here is the content:
- Agile software development - overview, which problems to solve
- Lean Software Development - How Lean and Scrum fits
- eXtreme Programming - How XP fit Scrum
- Scrum background - A brief historic overview
- Scrum workflow
- Roles and responsibilities - Product Owner, Scrum Team, Scrum Master
- Teamwork - Self organizing, cross functional teams
- Definition of Done
- Requirements - The Product Backlog and Sprint Backlog
- The meetings - Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective
- The role of Management
- Process Improvement methods
- Agile Requirements
- Vision and User Stories
- Planning and Estimation - Planning Poker
- Agile QA - Test Early
- Agile Contracts
- Scaling Scrum - planning and synchronizing parallel Scrums
- Multi Sprint Planning
This course is for anyone who wants to be successful with Scrum, including Managers, ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Developers (Coders, Testers, Architects, Designers etc..) and Business Managers.