Martine Devos' Certified ScrumMaster Plus Class
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.
You will cover the fundamental principles of Scrum to qualify as a Certified ScrumMaster. You will also learn to deal with the obstacles that confront Scrum teams and you will leave much better equipped to put Scrum into practice and succeed.
This three day class focuses on long term planning (release, product) and encourages participants to work on mixed projects. Pros and cons of advanced variants to agile project management including kanban and lean will be discussed and experienced in simulations. You will have ample time to share your own experiences and concerns in extra exercises and Q&A sessions. The workshop enables theory to be put into practise so that you have practical takeaways that can be shared with co-workers following the course.
Please note that this class is fast-paced and will focus on Estimation and Planning (for product, sprint and release) and Kanban (lean method).
Certification: The course leads to ScrumMaster Certification which includes 2 years free membership of the Scrum Alliance where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available. In addition, PMI members can claim up to 21 PDUs upon completing this course.
- Product backlog
- Sprint backlog
- Daily Scrum meetings
- Sprint planning meeting
- Working with the product owner (and user stories)
- Burn charts and reports
8-10 Nov 2010
London, United Kingdom
- Incomplete stories at Sprint end;
- Estimation in StoryPoints and Hours (release planning and sprint planning), estimating bugs and maintenance work
- Technical debt and legacy problems
- "technical" backlog items or user stories
- Sprints with lengthy analysis and time-consuming testing;
- Learn practical approaches to increasing productivity while increasing Product Owner and management satisfaction.
- Learning from Feedback -- and running engaging retrospectives
- Explore techniques for applying Scrum to large and distributed teams.
- Scrum and corporate governance and quality models
If you're a Project Manager, Team Leader, IT/development manager, Product manager, Business analyst, Architect or Developer interested in applying Scrum, this is the course for you! The course is ideal for anyone wishing to gain a full understanding of both the ScrumMaster & Scrum Product Owner role on a software project and wishing to gain practical skills and certification.
Bring your ScrumMaster or your Product Owner to this course and experience working together in a fun, informative, interactive setting. This is especially useful for Product Managers, Business Analysts, and Project/Program Managers who are not sure where they fit into the Agile and Scrum picture….