Succeeding with Scrum
This one-day, advanced course picks up where ScrumMaster and other introductory agile courses end. Drawing and expanding on concepts in Mike's Succeeding with Agile book, this course will help you move beyond initial success to sustained agility. Attendees should have a solid understanding of agile concepts and the principles and practices of Scrum prior to tackling this material.
Participants will learn advanced teamwork techniques, including ways to ensure all team members are fully engaged each day of the sprint. They will discover ways to effectively scale Scrum, in one location or on a globally distributed team. The course will explore how to be agile while working alongside or within a waterfall process. Participants will leave with guidelines for measuring the success of their agile projects.
Agile isn’t a final destination; it’s something you grow towards each day. Learn how to iterate towards a higher level of agility, no matter where you are on your journey.
For PMPs, this course counts for 7.5 professional development units.
You Will Learn
- How the same process used during transition can help spread agile or Scrum across the enterprise.
- How to effectively conduct each of the standard Scrum meetings even with a geographically distributed team
- How to incorporate technical design, interaction design, and architecture into agile projects
- How improvement communities can drive the hard work of organizational change.
- How to work with other departments to reinforce and retain the changes an agile process brings.
Combine This Class with Other Training
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Fruit in the morning, sandwiches mid-morning, a lunch buffet, an afternoon snack, and drinks
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This class is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at (720) 890-6110 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 7.5 PDUs for this course.
28 Apr 2010
NOK 8 000
Iterating Toward Agility
- Creating Awareness & Desire
- Developing Abilities
- Promoting & Transferring the change
- Improvement communities Enterprise transitions
- Feature vs. component teams
- Benefits of small teams
- Guidelines for good structure
- The role of specialists
Large and Distributed Teams
- Coordinating work among team
- Communicating across teams
- Decide how to distribute
- Create coherence
- How to handle distributed meetings
Think Holistically, Work Incrementally
- Architecture and design
- Interaction design
- Balancing anticipation & adaptation
Measuring The Balance
- How agile are we?
- The Balanced Scorecard
- Mixing agile and waterfall
- Three types of interaction
This advanced course is suited for anyone who has previously attended an introductory agile or Scrum training course, such as a Certified ScrumMaster or Certified Scrum Product Owner class. It is also appropriate for anyone with prior agile experience who is looking for answers to the hundreds of questions that arise during any agile adoption.