Date: 1 April, 2014
Location: London, United Kingdom
Regular Price: £600 + VAT
Do you believe that a team is much more powerful than the sum of its individual parts? Do you think that engaged and empowered teams are more productive and successful than micro-managed teams? Are you convinced that your team has a lot more potential for great delivery? This training course will help you develop the skills to promote an environment in which self-organising teams can thrive.
Many organisations find themselves in more and more complicated, uncertain and fast-moving environments making it impossible for leaders to know all the answers and direct their people. Instead, we need to empower our people to find out the most successful way to solve business problems and work as a team to deliver results. This is harder than it sounds. Servant-leaders don't rely on power and often operate without formal authority, instead they focus on creating an environment to promote internal responsibility and motivation within the team.
Built upon Geoff's book "Scrum Mastery: From Good To Great Servant-Leadership" this one or two-day course focusses on developing great self-organising teams by becoming a great servant-leader through a combination of practical exercises, techniques and collaborative exploration.
This course is aimed at people who:
- Are in the position of team leader, manager or technical lead
- Want to develop greater engagement and responsibility in their team(s)
- Believe in the power of teams but aren't quite harnessing it
- Want to develop an environment of empowerment
Typical agenda items include techniques for:
- Establishing a self-organising team
- Building trust and responsibility within the team
- Increasing the motivation and collaboration within the team
- Increasing the creative problem-solving abilities of the team
- Guiding the development of the team
- Facilitating participatory decision-making
- Dealing with difficult situations and resistance
- Developing a strategy for transitioning to a culture of servant-leadership
The workshop will focus on developing your skills in:
- Empowering Facilitation
- Powerful Questioning
- Active Listening
- Insightful Reflection
- Empowering One-to-one Coaching
- Effective Feedback
Attendees are encouraged to bring their own areas of interest and personal or work challenges to explore within the course.