Date: 28 February, 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Regular Price: £700 + VAT
User Stories for Agile Requirements
Projects start with their requirements. How those requirements are documented or expressed has a tremendous influence on the rest of the project. A great way to build software that meets real users’ real needs and gets the project off on the right foot is to begin with user stories.
User stories are simple, clear, brief descriptions of functionality told from the perspective of a user. User stories in agile and Scrum development can be useful to either a user of the software or the customer of the software. These user stories can then become the product backlog of an agile or Scrum project.
The technique of expressing requirements as user stories is one of the most broadly applicable techniques introduced by the agile processes; and user stories can also be an effective approach on all time-constrained projects.
This course provides you with the knowledge and tools needed to identify and write effective and helpful user stories. You’ll learn the six attributes all good stories must exhibit and thirteen guidelines for writing a better user story. The class explores how user role modeling can help when gathering a project's initial stories. During this hands-on course, all participants will have the opportunity to practice identifying user roles and writing stories on a case study.
PMPs: This course counts for 7.5 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
You Will Learn
- A useful template for writing user stories
- The six attributes of a good story and how to achieve them
- How to write non-functional requirements as user stories
- How much work to do up-front and how much to do just-in-time
- How to conduct a story-writing workshop
- Practical examples from real-world projects
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- A hot lunch buffet and afternoon biscuits
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 7.5 PDUs for this course.