Date: 3-4 May, 2010
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Regular Price: SEK 14 500
This two-day, advanced course picks up where ScrumMaster and other introductory agile courses end. Go beyond the basics and learn tips and techniques necessary to help an organization move beyond initial success to sustained agility. Drawing and expanding on concepts in Mike's Succeeding with Agile book, this course will show you how to get started and get good with agile or Scrum.
Covered are topics such as establishing and leading self-organizing teams, effective teamwork during the sprint, integrating quality, scaling Scrum to hundreds of developers, applying Scrum on a globally distributed team, being agile while meeting regulatory compliance requirements, how to overcome common problems, and measuring and proving the benefits of Scrum.
Also covered is everything you need to know to initiate and guide a successful transition to agile. By iterating toward agility through the proper use of improvement communities, an organization can create the culture of continuous improvement necessary for long-term success with agile.
You Will Learn
- How the same process used to start the transition effort can be used to spread agile or Scrum across the enterprise.
- Everything you need to know to be successful with large and distributed teams.
- How the roles of project managers, functional managers, programmers, testers, data professionals, architects, analysts, and others change with agile.
- How to incorporate technical design, interaction design, and architecture into agile projects.
- How to encourage improvement communities to form and drive the hard work of organizational change.
- How to work with other departments in the organization to reinforce and retain the changes an agile process brings.
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s fifteen years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments.
Combine This Class with Other Training
This class will be followed by an Agile Estimating and Planning class in the same location. You can attend these classes separately or together.
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- A hot lunch buffet and two coffee breaks
- A printed and bound copy of the course materials
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This class is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at (720) 890-6110 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
Registered students may cancel without penalty up to March 22. Cancellation after this date requires full payment. A course registration may be transferred to another person after contacting Citerus.
If the class is cancelled by Citerus, for any reason, a full refund will be issued of the amount paid for the class. No matter the cause of the cancellation, Citerus will not be responsible for students travel expense, loss of time etc.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 15 PDUs for this course.