Date: 7-8 November, 2012
Location: Dallas, TX, United States
Regular Price: $1300
Group and multiple class discounts are available. See below.
You are in charge of building a system, creating a new product release, or any other complex business project. Traditionally, you would hand this undertaking over to a trained project manager to run for you. You would then wait and hope for the best, since over 50% of all projects fail and those that succeed deliver products in which 65% of the functionality is rarely or never used.
Scrum provides a way for you to directly and effectively manage the project yourself. Intuitive and lightweight, the Scrum process delivers completed increments of the product at rapid, regular intervals, usually no longer than monthly.
Your primary tool for managing the project is called a Product Backlog, a list of features you want in the system or release, prioritized by value, cost, and risk. You use the Product Backlog to cause the most valuable functionality to be built first, and remove risk early in the project. As you watch the product take shape, increment by increment, you can restructure the Product Backlog to incorporate your insights or respond to changes in business conditions. You can also identify and cancel unsuccessful projects early, often within the first several months. The Certified Scrum Product Owner course equips you with what you need to achieve success with Scrum.
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner. This certification includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional member-only material and information are available.
For PMPs: This course counts for 15 professional development units.
This course will be held at the Dallas Marriott Suites Market Center and will run from 8:30am - 4:30pm each day.
You Will Learn
- Practical, project-proven practices
- How to write a usable product backlog
- Proven techniques for prioritizing the product backlog
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date) using velocity
- Tips for managing the key variables influencing project success
- How to successfully scale the product role on large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from the instructor's fifteen years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
3 or more: Save $50/person/day
10 or more: Save $100/person/day
Multiple Class Discounts
Save $50/day when you register for more than one class.
Other Classes from Mike Cohn in Dallas This Week
November 5-6 Certified ScrumMaster
What You Get
- High quality training from an industry expert
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner®
- A breakfast buffet, a hot lunch buffet, an afternoon snack, and continuously replenished drinks
- A 4 GB USB drive containing a PDF of the course materials, relevant articles by Mike Cohn and others, sample chapters from Mike's books, and other information.
- A one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, a $50 value
- A printed, color copy of the course materials
- Planning Poker® cards for use in estimating with your team
About the Instructor
Mike Cohn is the author of User Stories Applied for Agile Software Development, Agile Estimating and Planning, and Succeeding with Agile. Mike has fifteen years of experience with Scrum and over 25 years of experience in the software industry. He has previously been a technology executive in companies of various sizes, from startup to Fortune 40. A frequent magazine contributor and conference speaker, Mike is a founding member of both the Agile Alliance and the Scrum Alliance.
We are so confident that you will benefit from our training that we offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the training you received, contact us within thirty days to receive a full refund of the registration fee, no questions asked.
A full refund will be provided if you cancel or transfer your registration to a different event no later than five business days prior to the start of the class. If you cancel or transfer within five business days you will be charged $150 per class.
Don’t see a date and location you like? Want to train a team or department without the hassle of travel? This course is available for onsite delivery. Contact Mike Cohn at 1-888-61-Agile (24453) or by e-mail at Contact Mike Cohn.
Download a PDF brochure with additional information.
Professional Development Units (PDUs)
PMPs: You can receive 15 PDUs for this course.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.