Date: 8-9 April, 2013
Location: Columbus, OH, United States
Regular Price: $1495
This two-day Product Owner certification course provides everything you need to be an effective customer to a Scrum team. On completion, participants are registered as Certified Product Owners (CPOs), which includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, (www.scrumalliance.org) where valuable materials and information are available exclusively to CPOs.
You will learn the essential concepts and tools of Scrum, differences between agile processes and traditional "waterfall" methodologies, and how your particular role as a business customer will change when interacting with Agile teams. Participants will learn how to effectively manage and prioritize product backlogs, plan releases and sprints, track and report progress, and scale Scrum to program-level efforts.
This course is taught by leading Agile practitioners with decades of real-world industry experience at companies ranging from small businesses to the Fortune 100. Exercises, demonstrations, facilitated discussions, case studies, tool and template examples and more are interwoven throughout the course to illustrate the principles being taught in a comprehensive fashion interactively tailored to each class’s particular needs.
Please contact training at lithespeed.com to request one of these discounts. Please note that we have a limited number of hardship and individual discounts available:
• Hardship discount (40%) – If you’re between jobs.
• Individual discount (20%) – If you’re paying on your own.
• PMI or APLN membership discount (15%) – For members of these organizations.
• Group discount (20% for 3-4, 25% for 5-6, 30% for 7-9, 35% for 10+) – For multiple attendees from one organization.
Attendees will receive:
• 16 PDUs towards PMI continuing certification requirements
• Scrum Lifecycle Poster, with helpful tips summarized in an elegant illustration
• Discount on Sanjiv Augustine's book, Managing Agile Projects
• Free lunch, snacks and beverages
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.