Date: 30 April - 1 May, 2014
Location: Des Moines, IA, United States
Regular Price: 1,100.00
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
The LWJ Solutions CSPO course contains the topics required by the Scrum Alliance ranging from “what is Scrum” to “the role of the PO”. In addition to the obvious topics, LWJ Solutions teaches additional subject matter interesting to Product Owners and business teams. These include but are not limited to “providing a vision for the team”, “creating a user story”, and “delivering value”. Below is a partial list of topics covered in the CSPO course.
- Scrum’s history
- Agile Manifesto and the 12 principles of Agile
- Five Scrum values
- Scrum benefits for the business, the IT organization, and the people
- Scrum framework and process
- Scrum Meetings
- Scrum roles and responsibilities in Scrum
- Selecting the PO and what the role is and isn’t
- Mini Scrum exercises
- Creating a product vision statement
- Creating a product roadmap
- User roles and personas
- Build a Product Backlog
- Writing effective user stories
- Relative sizing of User Stories
- Prioritizing work
- Additional helpful meetings and concepts for Scrum
Students will find that the instructors training skills combined with her coaching experiences make the class engaging and informational. The course also appeals to different types of adult learning styles. As such, courses are taught with a combination of hands on activities, lecture, worksheets, and games that teach the concepts. In addition, the Certified Scrum Trainer shares many interesting Scrum stories (both successes and failures) so the class can learn from real world experiences.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.