Date: 5-6 December, 2011
Location: Irvine, CA, United States
Regular Price: $1150
Scrum is a light-weight framework for delivering valuable product to customers by empowering cross-functional, self-organizing Teams. This simple, easy-to-understand framework offers organizations the ability to transform their work environments, restore a focus on the customer and reenergize their employees. Since Scrum is merely a framework where product development activities occur, there exists a great deal of murkiness on how individuals and organizations apply Scrum in a way that is meaningful and valuable for their circumstances.
The learning objectives for this course are:
- List the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
- Describe the role, key responsibilities and rights of the Product Owner.
- Explain the purpose of the Product Backlog and rehearse writing real-life Product Backlog items.
- Practice applying multiple prioritization techniques to maximize business value.
- Identify new metrics to monitor and communicate status to product and project stakeholders.
- Practice using iterative planning techniques to develop forward looking plans.
The learning objectives of this course will be driven by the needs of the participants, opportunities to reflect-and-adapt on the class direction will be offered at regular intervals and adjustments will be made to achieve the learning objective of the students. By the close of the training, the participants will have gained the confidence and understanding to harness the power of Scrum for their business and support Scrum teams working in short, iterative timeboxes.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.