Date: 13-15 August, 2014
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Regular Price: 15000 HKD
Early Price: 12000 HKD expires 13 July, 2014
You are in charge of building a system, creating a new product release, or any other complex business project. Traditionally, you would hand this undertaking over to a trained project manager to run for you. You would then wait and hope for the best, since over 50% of all projects fail and those that succeed deliver products in which 65% of the functionality is rarely or never used. If a project is doomed to fail, can we know it earlier and focus on the top most valuable functionality for the customer?
Scrum provides a way for you to directly and effectively manage the project yourself. Intuitive and lightweight, the Scrum process delivers completed increments of the product at rapid, regular intervals, usually no longer than monthly.
In this course, Daniel Teng will help you together experience the role of product owner in the process turning ideas into product backlog and collaborate with team to get those done in a real case project, applying techniques such as Lean startup, Design Thinking, User Centric Design, Effect Map and Paper Prototyping, Specification by Example, addressing crucial project success factors:
- How to find out the problems these potential customers would like to solve?
- How can we ensure that these ideas can become requirements and forming product backlog?
- How are we going to pick the highest priority items that can be quickly validated with real customer feedback?
- How and when do everyone including real customers, product owners, team get involved in the backlog activities?
- What do team and product owner do to make sure product backlog is READY for development and items can be done within two weeks?
- How to minimize assumption and maximize clarification to avoid afterward surprise before starting development?
- How to make sure the team can get something valuable delivered by the end of sprint
- How to inspect and adapt the plan when we get change and feedback
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated a Certified Scrum Product Owner. This certification includes an one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional member-only material and information are available.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.