Date: 17-18 February, 2011
Location: Tallin, Estonia
Regular Price: 1400 euro
Attending this course will enable you to understand the product owner role in depth and learn the practices necessary to succeed as a product owner. This includes the product owner duties, the role's authority, and its interaction with the other Scrum roles and stakeholders such as customers, users, sales, marketing, and management. You will understand how product planning, product discovery and product definition work in Scrum including taking advantage of early customer feedback and emergent requirements. The course also teaches you how to turn a product vision into a successful product by forecasting the project progress, grooming the product backlog, and effectively collaborating with the ScrumMaster and team in the sprint meetings. (Please click on the "Agenda" tab for more details.) This interactive course teaches practical techniques through instructions and hands-on exercises.
You Will Learn
- How to develop a project charter
- How to write a usable product backlog
- How to create good user stories
- Innovative techniques for prioritizing the product backlog
- How to predict the delivery date of a project (or the features that will be complete by a given date) using velocity
- How to manage your portfolio
- How to successfully scale the role of the product owner
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.