Date: 18-19 September, 2013
Location: North Sydney, NSW, Australia
Regular Price: $1695 inc. GST
Learn from Australia's only Certified Scrum Trainer who has experience as a Scrum Product Owner!
About the Course
Dates: Wednesday 18th & Thursday 19th September for this training workshop with certification - Places Available, Register Now!
Learn the skills of great Product Ownership. Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) Training is specifically intended for those individuals who will become, work with, or select Product Owners. The CSPO course only covers Scrum from the point of view of the Product Owner Role, and then goes into more detail on this role as well as spending time on “skills training” such as Roles Workshops, Project Chartering and User Stories.
This course is most suitable for Product Owners, Business Owners, Producers, business-focused Project Managers and staff assisting with requirements and their priority (e.g. Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts), solution architecture (e.g. Solution Architects and Tech Leads), planning and coaching (e.g. ScrumMasters and Agile Coaches). Whilst there is some overlap in material between the CSM and the CSPO, many students, especially those going into the ScrumMaster role have found it valuable to attend both classes as the perspective the material is approached from differs.
This course is taught by the highly experienced Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Trainer Simon Bennett. Simon has over 20 years real-world experience in software and hardware development, and Chair of the Product Owner Panel at the Munich Scrum Gathering. From 2008 through 2010 Simon was also the Product Owner for the Scrum for Team System TFS process template.
Simon has considerable experience in organisational agile adoption, large scale Scrum and using Scrum in an offshore environment, as well as successfully blending Scrum with other methods including UCD. Over the last 12 years have been focused on using Agile frameworks and methods including Scrum, XP, Crystal & Kanban. His wealth of experience and passion for Product Ownership brings a unique depth and flavour to the course, as students will learn from real world case studies rather than only theory and simulations.
Simon is a renowned speaker at Agile and Scrum conferences and User Groups, most recently presenting at LKNA13, ALM Summit3, Agile2012, the London Scrum Gathering, South Africa Scrum Gathering (including the opening keynote) and Agile2011. Upcoming conferences to catch Simon speaking at are Agile2013, GOTO Berlin & Agile Vietnam.
At the end of the two day CSPO class, each participant should at a minimum know:
- What Agile is and how it differs from Waterfall
- How empirical process control differs from predictive process control and what this means for measuring project success.
- What the Scrum Framework is and how it promotes Agility
- The Responsibilities & Authority of each of the roles inside the Scrum Framework with a focus on the responsibilities of the Product Owner role
- A working knowledge of Agile estimation principles
- Product Owner Relevant Artefacts
- The Definition of Done
- The Lag to Live
- A detailed understanding of the Product Backlog and Product Backlog Items
- A detailed understanding of the enhanced Release Burndown Chart
- Scrum Meetings relevant to the Product Owner
- Project Chartering
- Release Planning
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Review
- In Sprint Activities relevant to the Product Owner
- Product Backlog Grooming
- Release Management
- User Roles
- User Stories
- Story Splitting Strategies
- Story Mapping (time permitting)
Please select the "Register Now!" button on the right to register online with Visa or Mastercard. Please contact Saffron Bennett if you would like to book by invoice or have any questions.
An early bird price of $1595 including GST is available if you register by 28th August.
$1695 including GST from 29th August onwards.
Discounts for charities and groups available, please contact us.
Included in the booking:
- Certification (on meeting participation requirements)
- 2 years membership with the Scrum Alliance
- 2 full days training with a Certified Scrum Trainer & highly experienced Product Owner
- Letter of course completion for your employer and/or a professional body (PMI/ACS) for PDUs upon request
- Hearty buffet lunch & pastries during the course
- Electronic course materials
Conveniently located next to North Sydney train & bus station, our training room at the HarbourView Hotel has plenty of natural light and wonderful views. A full buffet lunch is provided to suit most diets but please let us know if you have any allergies or special needs.
Though each CSPO course varies depending on the instructor, all Certified Scrum Product Owner® courses focus on Scrum from a product owner's perspective. Graduates will receive the CSPO designation. All CSPO course are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers.