Date: 2-3 June, 2008
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Regular Price: $1,395 per person
Leading a Scrum team is radically different
than traditional project management. Rather than plan, instruct, and
direct, the leader of a Scrum team (called a ScrumMaster) facilitates,
coaches, and leads.
The 2-day Certified ScrumMaster
training provides you with the learning and experience required to
lead, participate in, or sponsor Scrum initiatives in your organization.
Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn how to:
- Plan, initiate, and lead a Scrum project
- Establish a shared vision for the entire team
- Generate an agile release plan utilizing user stories and story point estimation
- Lead your Scrum team through planning, review, and retrospective sessions
- Create an environment in which self-managing teams can flourish
- Identify, enroll, and engage business stakeholders in your project
training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum process and
helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills
required to apply Scrum on their projects and across their
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.