Date: 16-17 July, 2012
Location: Edison, NJ, United States
Regular Price: $1495.00
This two-day ScrumMaster certification course provides everything you need to get started with Scrum. On completion, you are eligible to take an exam which allows you to be registered as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), which includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance (www.scrumalliance.org), where valuable ScrumMaster materials and information are available.
This course will introduce the essential concepts and tools of Scrum, highlighting differences between agile processes, traditional "waterfall" methodologies, and ad-hoc approaches. It will also provide a roadmap for adopting and improving agile implementations. Participants will learn how to lead development teams towards agile success and self organization, by amanaging product backlogs, planning releases and sprints, tracking and reporting progress, conducting retrospectives and using double loop learning to inspect and adapt. This course is taught by an active agile practitioner with decades of real-world industry experience at companies ranging from small business to the Fortune 100.
Exercises, case studies, and examples are interwoven throughout the course to illustrate the principles being taught in an immersive, engaing manner.
Please contact training at lithespeed.com to request one of these discounts. Please note that we have a limited number of hardship and individual discounts available.
- Hardship discount (40%) – If you’re between jobs and have been unemployed for at least 2 months.
- Individual discount (20%) – If you’re paying on your own.
- PMI or ALN membership discount (15%) – For members of these organizations.
- Group discount (10% for 3-4, 15% for 5-6, 20% for 7+) – For multiple attendees from one organization.
- 16 PDUs towards PMI continuing certification requirements
- 16 credit hours for PMI Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP)
- Light breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.