Date: 5-6 May, 2009
Location: Cambridge, MA, United States
Regular Price: $1,500
Certified ScrumMaster for Video Game Development
This two-day course not only provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, it also gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum. This course puts theory into action through extensive use of exercise and a project simulation. All exercises and discussions are specifically tailored for those working in video game development. During the course, attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization. Participants gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, each participant will be designated Certified ScrumMaster.
PMPs: This course counts for 16 Professional Development Units (PDUs)
You Will Learn
- Practical, project-proven practices that have worked for numerous video game projects
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- How to help producers, artists, designers and programmers work together effectively
- How to work with publishers and others outside the team who may not be familiar with Scrum
- Tips and tricks from two instructors that combine 15-plus years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments and ten-plus years of video game product development
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.