Date: 12-13 March, 2014
Location: Anaheim, CA, United States
Regular Price: Limited seats at $750, $950 & $1,150
- The course is taught interactively. No death by PowerPoint. Students will learn hands-on via teams, a half day Scrum simulation, discussions, numerous exercises and fun.
- Experience and real stories of succes and challenges. If you are an employee who is or will be a ScrumMaster, learn practical application from someone who's been there. Check the LinkedIn experience of the other trainers and see what you find.
- A path for your CSP - Certified Scrum Professional. Students will get a map to plan their route for their next step in the most affordable and efficient manner.
- Real practice application through a Scrum project building and programming a robot using the novice-friendly tools.
- Flexibility. If you need to reschedule, I have numerous classes each month in the area and can accomdate.
- Are they local? A part of the Orange County tech community for 15 years, I can help you continue on your professional path through local groups, conferences and connections to learn and grow with others. Travelling trainers often feel the pressure of making a class that's easy to pack but not nessarily best for the students.
If you prefer practical application, real life stories and believe in starting with people, or you need a little inspiration, then this is the class for you.
This short video reveals some of how and why my workshops stand out from traditional Scrum classes.
From an agile coach: "When my ScrumMaster told me he wanted to take a CSM class, from what I know about you and your classes, I thought you were likely to focus on servant leadership more than other trainers, so I sent him your way. He came by my desk this morning ecstatic about his experience and the impression you left on him! Sounds like the slide-less format is being well received. I'm happy to hear you're experimenting with alternative teaching styles and holding classes that push the boundaries of a typical CSM experience! Really great work you're doing."
As a bonus, we'll wrap up the class with a real life multi-sprint Scrum project, applying what you've learning through building and programming robotics using the the brand new Lego Mindstorm EV3. You can get an idea about how cool this is in this video from LEGO.
"Just wanted to say thanks again for running this 2 day class. I've learned a great deal from you and you are one heck of an instructor. I will definitely recommend you to some of my colleagues for the CSM course. Anyhow, I just took the exam and passed it!! :-)
The two-day ScrumMaster certification course provides everything you need to get started with Scrum .
This course shares industry-tested practices for building Product Backlogs, planning Releases and Sprints, tracking and reporting progress. Participants will learn how to effectively run daily the Scrum meetings.
"I went in skeptical about the entire concept of Scrum and came out a believer. Scott was fantastic!"
Upon completion of the course and a post-course online evaluation, participants are registered as Certified ScrumMasters (CSMs). Registration includes a two-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, (www.scrumalliance.org).
Also, you will receive:
- A recommended reference book for Scrum
- A private invitation to coaching circle for ScrumMasters, coaches or organizational leaders
- 45 page follow-up resources booklet with the top recommendations for your next steps
- Offers for deeply discounted bundles to get the popular Agile PrepCast for the PMI Agile Certified Professional and take the popular Scaled Agile Framework class to become a Certified SAFe Agilist.
Meals, snacks, coffee and drinks are provided both days.
Besides Scrum education, this course has a bigger purpose of changing the world, and connecting and inspiring others to do the same. 10% of class proceeds will be donated to a charity highlighted during the class. We've given over $30,000 to help people via Kiva, World Vision, One Generation Alliance, The Kite Project, Invisible Children, Solidarity and Kirabo for underprivelidged kids and orphans in Southern California, Mexico and Uganda.
Not bad for learning and getting certified, to boot. :-)
Currently a PMP, SAFe Program Consultant and Certified Strengths Coach, I came from a developer background (MCSD and architect), as well as a project manager and manager. My passion for agile and the local community lead me to begin blogging over 10 years ago, found the Orange County Agile Leadership Network 6 years ago and become the first Certified Scrum Trainer in the LA and Orange County area. I've spoken at code camps, PMI meetings, as well as the national Scrum Gathering and Agile 2011 and 2013 conferences, and been a Stage Reviewer for Agile 2012. I've worked alongside over two dozen of the world's best agile coaches while at Forrester-recognized agile companies Rally Software and BigVisible. Before agile, I held positions of manager, project manager, architect and developer. I've been a consultant as well as internal IT, and worked with start-ups and Fortune 500 companies, and was a ScrumMaster for several companies.
My purpose is to have as many people as possible hear about Scrum and its benefits, and to help them, their team and their company take their next step in personal and professional growth. Along those lines, we've come to value democratizing access to our workshops over maximizing profit, and creating personal space for availability and developing community over travelling for additional revenue.
For private certified, agile introduction, or team building workshops for 6 or more participants, please contact me.
"Great course to take me from very basic Scrum knowledge to confidence that I can implement on my own."
This course qualifies 15 Category 3 PDU's
Cancellation Policy - Reschedule to another of my classes anytime, or cancel anytime up to 7 days before class for 100% refund. Less than 7 days is 75% refund to cover hard costs. For minimum learning experience, the course must run with a minimum five registrants. If less than five are registered, the class my be cancelled three to seven day in advance, and attendees will be offered seats in the next classes in the area or a full refund.
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.