Date: 6-7 November, 2014
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Regular Price: £995 + VAT
Early Price: £895 + VAT expires 8 October, 2014
Whether you are new to Agile principles and have an idea of what Scrum is, or have already spent time involved with teams talking about or implementing Scrum, ensuring success with Scrum can be a daunting prospect. You have understood that the benefits of ‘going agile’ include improving quality, productivity and time to market, but how does this happen in practice? And how can you ensure that you can deliver these process improvements? If you have not undertaken Scrum Training with a formally Certified Scrum Trainer then you may be missing key knowledge and skills that will enable you to make the most of the opportunities afforded by effective implementation of Scrum principles and practices.
This two-day, interactive course investigates the Scrum framework in detail from theory and foundations to practical application and pitfalls, covering all the team roles, activities, and artifacts, so that you can be an effective ScrumMaster or member of a Scrum team.
What Will You Learn?
The two-day Certified ScrumMaster course will give you a sound understanding of Scrum principles and practices in order that you can:
- Participate actively as a Scrum Team member
- Function effectively as the ScrumMaster for the Scrum Team
- Deliver a successful Scrum project
- Explain and sell Agile and the Scrum framework to other key stakeholders
- Define and use the full range of Agile and Scrum Artifacts (Product Backlog, Sprint Backlog, Increment, Burndown Charts etc. )
- Set-up and facilitate Scrum Meetings (Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective)
- Understand how to employ scrum in real world circumstances such as distributed Scrum teams, fixed price contracts and third party supplier relationships
- Help your team or organisation to transition to a more Lean and Agile way of working using Scrum
- Understand how to combine the use of Scrum with other Lean and Agile approaches such as Kanban, eXtreme Programming and AgilePM
About Sallyann Freudenberg
Dr. Sallyann Freudenberg is an agile coach and mentor experienced in working with both experienced agile teams and those new to an agile approach. Her 20-year IT career has covered roles in development, design, analysis, UI and Project Management on projects as diverse as industrial real-time process control systems and banking CRM. During the past 9 years Sallyann has been focused entirely in the agile world, providing a blend of training, mentoring and coaching across Europe that focuses on creating successful and sustainable agile organisations.
Sallyann provides a variety of standardized and tailored training sessions, including Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) and Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) alongside ‘on the ground’ agile coaching and mentoring. She is particularly focused on collaboration and agile as a ‘cultural change’ and as such often assists with strategic change management. Her facilitation skills are particularly honed and as such she is often called upon to facilitate difficult meetings. She is passionate about maximising the learning outcomes from any situation.
Sal also holds a PhD in Collaborative Software Development for which she spent three years closely observing and analyzing experienced, commercial agile teams. She is a Certified Scrum Trainer. She delivers highly participative and engaging workshops at conferences worldwide, including the Agile and XP conferences as well as Scrum Gatherings.
Agil8 is led by David Hicks, pioneer of Agile since the 1990s, Agile Alliance Founder and one of the world’s most qualified and experienced Agile practitioners. Agil8 has been responsible for the training and certification of over 5,000 people in Agile.
The agil8 team provides fully accredited Agile training and consulting services in the Scrum, Agile Project Management, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) with a focus on complex and challenging environments. What sets us apart is our experience, pragmatic approach and ability to mix and match differing Agile techniques to a particular set of client or project/programme requirements.
We are the only company in the world accredited and certified in Scrum, AgilePM/DSDM, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), and Kanban. Our consulting expertise enables us to support companies with a requirement to scale agile across large and distributed teams.
In order to receive your ScrumMaster Certification (CSM), you will need to attend the 2 day course (your attendance will be registered each day). Following attendance on the course, your name will be registered with the Scrum Alliance (usually within 1 day of the course end date). You will be then be sent an automated confirmation from the Scrum Alliance which provides a link to the new on-line, 35 question, multiple choice exam. Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be designated Certified Scrum Trainer. The exam and two years' membership to the Scrum Alliance are included in the course cost.
Comments by attendees of Sallyann's previous courses
- "Sallyann's approach really helped me to understand Scrum. Her hands-on up-beat manner was really awesome!"
- "An excellent introduction to the world of Scrum"
- "16 years working, and this is the best course, delivered by the most engaging Dr. Sallyann"
- "Sallyann was very punchy and motivating. She made a great effort to cover any queries possible."
- "Was great to be trained by someone with the knowledge, experience and contacts that Sallyann has."
- "Nicely balanced course between slides, discussion and games."
- "Sallyann was excellent. She has a huge amount of relevant experience and made the training interesting, interactive,and really valuable to me and my role."
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.