Date: 28-29 March, 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Regular Price: NZD $1800 ex. GST
About the course
This Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course is an immersive learning experience involving a highly interactive mix of seminars, group discussions, team activities, games and role-plays.
You will learn:
- The philosophy, science, values and principles that guide you in applying Scrum
- The purpose of each of the Scrum meetings plus guidelines and tips for getting the most out of them
- How Project Management is covered by the three Scrum roles
- How to draw and make use of Sprint and Release Burndown charts
- How to establish a Definition of Done and keep a Groomed Product Backlog
- How to lead an agile team effectively without micro-managing or interfering with its self-organisation
Initial course backlog
The following initial course backlog provides an outline of major topics from which the facilitator and the class collaboratively plans the course. The Scrum framework is employed to manage track and manage progress through course material.
- Scrum Science
- Scrum in a Nutshell
- Scrum History
- Agile and Scrum Values
- Empirical Process Control
- Scrum Practices Overview
- Backlogs and Burndowns
- ScrumMaster and Team
- Product Owner
- Daily Scrum
- Grooming the Product Backlog
- Defining "Done"
- Sprint Planning
- Sprint Review
- Sprint Retrospective
- ScrumMastering Skills
- Leading Self-organising Teams
- Agile Development Practices
- Scaling Scrum
- Next Steps
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for developers, testers, team leads, project managers, iteration managers and other managers.
For Project Management Professionals, this course may qualify you for 14 PDUs as approved by the Project Management Institute. At the conclusion of the course, you will be provided with a signed letter of course completion which may be used to claim PDUs.
What others are saying about courses from Scrum WithStyle
“A great course. Excellent facilitation & presentation.”
- Project Manager, Workcover NSW
“Very insightful and enjoyable.”
- Analyst/Programmer, Agile Development Team, University of Sydney
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and thanks for facilitating it in such an agile and participative way."
- Portfolio Manager at a large local council
"Thank you again for the trainings. I am now more confident running the Scrum projects at work."
- Project Manager, RedHat Asia Pacific
For more testimonials see: scrumwithstyle.com/testimonials
As the Scrum Alliance website says, “Students are expected to attend the CSM course with a working knowledge of Scrum. This knowledge can be obtained by reading books, articles, and web info about Scrum." A good starting point is the Scrum Student Resources page.
Before Feb 28: NZD $1700 ex. GST
After Feb 28: NZD $1700 ex. GST
This cost per seat includes 2 full days of training, full catering (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea), printed handouts and 2 years membership with the Scrum Alliance.
Please select the "Register Now" button to secure your place on the course.
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.