Date: 27-28 February, 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Regular Price: $1250
Purpose of the Course
Leading a Scrum team is radically different than traditional project management. Rather than plan, instruct, and direct, the leader of a Scrum team (called a ScrumMaster) facilitates, coaches, and leads.
The 2-day Certified ScrumMaster training provides you with the learning and experience required to lead, participate in, or sponsor Scrum initiatives in your organization. Upon passing the CSM exam, you will be recognized as a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) by the Scrum Alliance.
At the successful completion of the workshop, you will have an understanding of how the various roles and responsibilities can be applied in the real world to your current and future projects. You will receive access to the Scrum Alliance website, and can then take the online multiple choice exam to qualify as a Certified Scrum Master. Upon successful completion of the exam you will receive a 2 year membership to the Scrum Alliance.
- Through a combination of immersive team-based learning, exercises, and real-world case studies, you will learn:
- The Scrum framework and how it differs from waterfall and other methods
- Understand the Scrummaster, Product Owner and Team roles
- Plan, initiate, and lead a Scrum project
- Create an agile release plan utilizing user stories and story point estimation
- Lead your Scrum team through Scrum meetings
- Create an environment in which self-managing teams can flourish
- Through hands-on group exercises we will keep you engaged and having fun!
ScrumMaster training provides an applied understanding of the Scrum process and helps participants begin to develop the tools, insights, and skills required to apply Scrum on their projects and across their organizations.
The cost of the two-day workshop includes:
- Printed and soft copy of the course materials
- Continental breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks provided
- The Scrum Guide
- User Story Quick Reference
- A two year membership in the Scrum Alliance
- Online exam from Scrum Alliance for ScrumMaster (CSM) Certification
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.