Date: 26-27 November, 2012
Location: Mechelen, Belgium
Regular Price: 1249 Euro
During this 2-day class we will add practice to theory through a variety of exercises (and takeaways to use with co-workers).
We will cover the fundamental principles of Scrum, qualifying you as a Certified ScrumMaster. More important you will get the opportunity to learn to dealing with the obstacles that confront Scrum teams. You will leave much better equipped to put Scrum in practice and succeed with it.
This class is high paced and will focus extra on estimation and planning (for product, sprint and release).
Participants completing this course:
- Will leave with hands-on practice and exercises to share with colleagues and have shared experience
- Will learn ways to help their teams to execute Scrum efficiently and productively
Gain hands-on experience with the basic principles of Scrum, including:
- Product backlog
- Sprint backlog
- Daily Scrum meetings
- Sprint planning meeting
- Working with the Product Owner (and user stories)
- Burn charts and reports
Practice dealing with the obstructions to high productivity on your Scrum team, such as:
- Incomplete stories at sprint end
- Estimation in story points and hours (release planning and sprint planning), estimating bugs and maintenance work
- Technical debt and legacy problems
- Obscure "technical" backlog items or user stories
- Sprints with lengthy analysis and time-consuming testing
- Learn practical approaches to increasing productivity while increasing Product Owner and management satisfaction
- Learning from feedback - and running engaging retrospectives
- Explore techniques for applying Scrum to large and distributed teams
- Scrum and corporate governance and quality models
Course participants will receive:
- The book: "Succeeding with Agile - Software Development using Scrum"
- Additional reference material (electronic format)
- PMI members can claim up to 16 PDUs upon completing this course
All CSM courses are taught by Certified Scrum Trainers. Taking a CSM course, passing the CSM test, and accepting the license agreement designates you as a Certified ScrumMaster, which indicates that you have been introduced to and understand the basic concepts you need to perform as a ScrumMaster or team member on a Scrum team. This course also satisfies two elements of the CSD track: Scrum Introduction and Elective.