Date: 25-29 August, 2014
Location: Brentwood, TN, United States
Regular Price: $2,497.00
- This course fulfills the Introductory Scrum requirement on the Certified Scrum Developer track. It is not a CSM course.
- This course fulfills the Scrum elective requirement on the Certified Scrum Developer track.
- This course fulfills the Technical skills requirement on the Certified Scrum Developer track.
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) Track Two Overview:
A Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) is someone who has demonstrated through a combination of formal training and a technical skills assessment that he or she has a working understanding of Scrum principles and has learned specialized Agile engineering skills. The Scrum Alliance requires at least 5 days of formal training followed by a CSD assessment/evaluation. To make it easy for you, The Braintrust Consulting Group has bundled a series of our classes into a complete track. CSD Track Two bundles our Scrum Essentials class (SE), our Agile Engineering (AE0 class, and our Test Driven Development (TDD) class. At the conclusion of the 5 days, you will have a thorough understanding of Scrum Development and you will meet all requirements to earn your Scrum Developer (CSD) Certification. CSD Track Two is intended for professional software developers who are on a Scrum team and want to understand how Scrum and Agile engineering practices are applied and how they affect their role in the team. It’s ideal for candidates who already have their Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) certification or developers who are interested in move advanced Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques.
CSD Track Two Classes:
Scrum Essentials (1 day) (7 PDU’s)
This class is an in-depth one day immersion into the world of Scrum. It is ideal for anyone who is interested in learning more about the benefits of Scrum. Scrum Essentials is full of practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
Agile Engineering (AE) (3 days) (21 PDUs)
This class is aimed at helping software development professionals and teams be more effective when implementing Scrum and other Agile software development methodologies. In an effort to raise the effectiveness of Scrum, the Scrum Alliance has created the CSD program. This class is designed to deliver the core Agile Development Practices Learning Objectives of that program and should prepare the participant to successfully pass the Scrum Alliance CSD Candidate Assessment.
Test Driven Development (TDD) (1 day) (7 PDU’s)
This class is an in-depth 1-day immersion into the world of Test Driven Development (TDD). Attendees learn practical, real world techniques that can be implemented immediately in their work. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of TDD firsthand as you learn to integrate new functionality into a working system, and understand the impact of change in a TDD environment.
Limited to only 12 seats...
Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
Up to 35 PDUs Awarded
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was a great look into how we, as Developers, can improve our process within our Agile Scrum Teams." - Zach
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after only two days I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
- Participants must have knowledge of the .Net Framework and experience developing in C# or VB.Net with Microsoft Visual Studio and a fundamental understanding of practical Object Oriented Programming practices
- A laptop with a working development environment that you can bring to class with you
CSD Track Two Benefits:
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Develop the correct technique for continuously integrating your newly developed code into your existing code base
- Know how to apply Agile and Scrum principles and best practices to form the best mix for your team's success
- Learn the different approach to Agile architecture and design that supports a more incremental and emergent project
- Transform your development processes to reflect the most efficient approach given your organization's constraints
- Learn how to adopt Agile practices effectively within the context of your existing software development framework
- Learn to utilize refactoring to ensure a longer lifespan of your software
- Discover how continuous, incremental improvement will allow your team to continue growing long after the conclusion of the class
CSD Track Two Takeaways:
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- Up to 35 PDUs
- Fulfill 1 or more of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) designation
About The Instructor: Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at email@example.com.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...
All courses on the Certified Scrum Developer® track are taught by Registered Education Providers. For more information on the curriculum for the CSD credential, visit http://www.scrumalliance.org/certifications/practitioners/csd-certification.