Walt Wyckoff has over twenty years experience in Information Systems including software development, system testing, security, audit and Project Management.
Walt has filled software development and system test team lead roles at Accenture since 2004 and has been a member of the Accenture Agile Practice since 2011.
Prior to joining Accenture, Walt was a developer and QA tester in agile environments in the search engine and financial services industries. Walt has also worked for five years as a software Project Manager. Walt has also held security analyst and Information Systems Auditor roles in the entertainment industry.
Walt holds the Certified Test Manager (CTM) certification, the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and Certified SCRUM Product Owner credentials.
Walt has an MBA from Cal Poly and a BA from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Accenture, Agile Consultant
October 2004 - Present, San Francisco, CA, United States
Current Role is that of Agile Consultant. Conducts agile planning and implementation activities IAW Accenture Agile Delivery Methods (ADM) and Accenture Distributed Agile Delivery Methods. Both methods are SCRUM based.
Lead onshore and offshore QA teams on three different engagements. Engagement sizes ranged from $3 million to $20 million and from ten to thirty QA resources.
• Selected, rolled on and ramped up onshore and offshore QA resources including testers and automation engineers.
• Wrote test plans for three engagements at two different organizations (Fortune 500 and startup).
• Organized and monitored test condition identification and classification by QA teams.
• Organized and monitored work handoff between onshore and offshore QA teams.
• Organized and monitored test script development by QA teams.
• Identified test execution tool and established test script loads. Tools used include HP Quality Center, Jira and MS Excel/VBA. Strong Quality Center and Jira administration skills. Strong Quality Center and Jira automation skills.
• Wrote custom extracts for Metrics reporting using HP Quality Center API and VBA.
• Wrote custom imports for User Requirements using Jira SOAP RPC API and Python.
• Developed and implemented custom metrics reports for QA team consumption.
• Developed and implemented custom metrics reports for clients.
• Monitored test regression automaton script development. Assisted in architecting automation tests.
• Wrote defect management workflow. Implemented defect workflow using HP Quality Center and Jira.
• Managed test execution process including: assignment of test tasks, defect creation, retesting of defects, problem resolution, coordination between development groups and test groups.