April 2012 - Present, Redmond, WA, United States
Responsible for supporting and leading enterprise-wide IT, Operations, and Strategy related projects.
Khorlo Associates, Principal
April 2009 - April 2012, Jersey City, NJ, United States
Lead pre- and post-sales efforts delivering Business, Operations, Organizational Change, and IT advisory services geared toward startup and small and medium size businesses in the areas of Continuous Process Improvement (Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen), Project / Product Management, and Analytics and Business Optimization.
* Developed financial, go-to-market, and operations strategy for advanced materials start-up company.
* Advised on-line retail company on go-to-market and operations strategy.
* Developed risk assessment and remediation strategy for public sector client by interviewing stakeholders within organization, 3rd party vendors to identify operational risks in custom-facing and back-office processes.
IBM Corporation, Managing Consultant
October 2005 - April 2009, New York, NY, United States
Led both pre- and post-sales engagements (Performance Improvement, Shared Services, and Risk Management) by interviewing stakeholders within client organizations to identify additional strategic and technical value-add opportunities, engaged in detailed assessment to develop actionable sustainable implementation / corrective plans, and provided training to process owners, subject matter experts, process champions, and executive sponsors. Managed staff ranging from 3 to 20. Key accomplishments:
* Identified cost savings of $6MM by examining and analyzing IBM’s procurement, logistics, and sourcing operations (procure-to-pay and order-to-cash) in USA, China, and Budapest over 8-month period by recommending and implementing process improvements in RFP, Contract Management, Business Partner, and Vendor Management processes.
* Produced cost savings of $300K by directing 6-week process improvement project for aerospace company that identified and eliminated redundancies in cross-functional back-office process.
* Identified and implemented cost saving recommendations in excess of $500K and reduced customer complaints in 6-month period for IBM’s Global Sales Operations.
* Identified improvement opportunities by recommending shared services model to reduce process complexity by 20% by understanding how resources are deployed and used globally to support key legal processes.
* Mitigated IBM India’s legal exposure by $2.5MM in 8-month period by spearheading operational and financial risk assessment for its burgeoning operations.
* Examined and developed dashboard for IBM’s Outsourcing Services business unit that produced cost savings of $200K to identify key issues with critical accounts to help support teams develop strategies and tactics to eliminate impediments.
* Developed new service offering called Green Sigma™ in accelerated 3-month period with revenue generating potential of $200K to $4.5MM per engagement focused on helping companies reduce environmental footprint.
* Created enterprise-wide PMO in 6-month period by establishing project selection and benchmark criteria, identifying, selecting and implementing software platform, and integrated change control procedures for tracking, managing, and delivering 12 to 15 concurrent process improvement projects ranging from $1MM to $10MM each.
* Created PMO for business-unit in 4-month period for tracking multi-year outsourcing contracts ranging from $2MM to $4B.
TSR Consulting, Consultant
September 2001 - October 2005, Brooklyn, NY, United States
Identified, proposed, and implemented solutions to improve value of reengineering for New York City Department of Education (NYCDOE). Managed staff of 25. Key post-sales accomplishments:
* Reduced recruiting process from 3 months to 3 weeks by leading reengineering and change management project for 1,200 NYCDOE public schools by collaborating with members of IT, Human Resources, and senior executives.
* Reduced application review and processing time of early retirement incentive and severance packages offered to employees by 50% for Human Resources in 3-month period by reengineering operations, administration, and management.
* Recommended creation of Impartial Hearing process and management system with potential annual savings of $1MM by interviewing, collecting, analyzing, and synthesizing data related to dispute resolution between parents’ / guardians’ attorneys and NYCDOE.
* Produced scheduling system in 1.5-month period to certify 250 pedagogues per week for New York State mandated CLIP test by working closely with NYCDOE IT, Human Resources staff, and State Education department.