Mobile: 98454 01438 email: email@example.com
Senior Development Manager spearheading complex technology projects backed with excellent performance credentials of over 12 years with renowned IT Organisations. Penchant for heading challenging assignments with proven success. Made a significant contribution impacting overall profitability.
End-to-end project accountability consistently delivering results adhering to stringent budget, quality and delivery deadlines. Star performer achieving premier awards. Peak customer service-orientation earning customer confidence. Recognised as a trouble-shooter resolving outstanding issues expeditiously. Forerunner for implementing new technologies. Abreast with continuous learning. Certified PMP, SCRUM, EJB and Java professional. Influential role in increasing motivation levels amongst team members. Comfortable with cultural diversities working across the globe.
HONORS & AWARDS
- Paper selected for presenting at Centre for Software and Information Technology Management (CSITM) at IIMB Annual conference – Drishtikon (May 2012)
- Identified to manage a large project that was not turning out to the clients’ satisfaction
- Turned-around this project 3600 resulting in a very satisfied client reporting positively to the President
- Sustained team efforts achieving a highly motivated and self-reliant state
- Promoted as Senior Project Manager
- I was awarded an iPhone by the CIO of Vodafone UK, Mark Dearnley in an account gathering.
- Spot award for getting a major project on track achieving targets. Recognised for exemplary efforts towards solving difficult issues
- Contributed as a team for improved revenues for Google Search Project receiving appreciation
- Published in an important newsletter as a project using new technology with no delays
- Set-up a data center with multiple solaris servers successfully involving extensive work with vendors/subcontractors
- Singled-out for adopting Agile technology becoming the first team to implement this technology for the company
- Received an award at a company gathering for significantly contributing in the setting up Innovation fair for Agile.
- Best Project award for effective development of an Agile Development Factory
- Improved revenues for the client
- Certificate of appreciation for contribution to a US Government project at Mississippi, USA
- Certificate of appreciation for presenting a technical paper on SOA services
- Certificate of appreciation for turning around a critical project in a short span of time
- Successfully coached teams in agile methodology.
- B. Tech with specialisation in Electronics & Communications, JNTU, Hyderabad, 1998.
Selected at Wipro through campus recruitment program
- General Management for IT Executives (Executive MBA), IIM Bangalore
Professional Affiliations: Member of PMI & CSM
Presentations: “Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Web Services”. Represented Mindtree at a major conference
Professional Development: Participated in several leadership and management training programs like Mid Level Managers Workshop, EDS Way of Leaders, Change Champion Workshop, Four Disciplines of Execution and an extensive workshop for planning using MS Project by SYM India
- Certified PMP
- Certified CSM under guidance of Vice President of Yahoo – Pete Deemer
- Certified Java Program
- Certified EJB
Technical Skills : Java, J2EE, HTTP/S, XML, SOAP, Portals, Application servers (Weblogic, Websphere), DB (Oracle, SQL), Stellent, Hibernate
Software Applications : Word, Project, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Various Incident Tracking and
Management Tools like Causal Analysis Tools, Execution Tools, several
Configuration Management Tools
Business Domains : Telecommunication, Airline, Automobile, Finance
Proficient with Agile Development (SCRUM), Waterfall model, Staff augmented projects and Web application development projects
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Tesco, Bangalore 2012 –Present
Development Manager for Tesco Marketplace:
Charged with end-to-end project delivery accountability. Responsible for managing multiple scrum teams to implement portal for an online marketplace. Responsible for ensuring the team follows agile practices.
Responsible for interacting with cross functional teams and testing teams. Responsible for coordinating release activities. Manage timely delivery of features. Ensure appropriate hand-off to the Support teams.
IIMB, Bangalore 2011-Present
“General Management for IT executives” program from IIMB.
MphasiS, Bangalore 2007-2011
Senior Project Manager reporting to the Associate Vice President, Delivery. Charged with end-to-end project delivery accountability for a major Telecom Client. This involved coordination with clients for project scoping entailing budgeting, pre-sales proposals and technology aspects. Dealt with vendors for project outsourcing assignments. Arrived at Business Process Agreements and Statement of Work (SOW) in close liaison with clients. Responsible for recruitment and team management.
- Led large concurrent projects with teams at different locations. Imparted the game plan to deliver projects exceeding client expectations, at the same time enhancing revenues for the client and Organisation
- Assigned responsibility of resolving difficult project issues in the midst of project being led by other Project Leads
- Brought project under control minimising escalations of over 1000 defects resulting in gaining client confidence with a request to manage project
- Motivated teams who were low in confidence till then
- Introduced controls to manage clients’ new requests in an organised manner
- Awarded by the CEO from client Organisation and by MphasiS
- Identified and sponsored by management for rigorous certification programs like Certified SCRUM Master (CSM) and Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Played a key role for the company getting the ‘Best Project Award’ for building an Agile development factory
- Contributed extensively towards technology innovations. One key innovation – Agile Technology was selected for participation in an important technology fair
Mindtree, Bangalore 2003-2007
Project Lead with primary focus on technology project delivery with responsibility of design, development and testing of projects.
- Learnt and assimilated Java portal technology (that was new) in a short time
- Achieved client confidence with technology proficiency and effective project management. Transitioned a project effectively from Denver, USA
- Worked with the US Government Organisation successfully getting a positive recommendation letter for good performance
- Received certificates for contributing to an important Open Source framework
Previous Work Experience
Senior Software Engineer, Allied Informatics, MS, USA, 2001-2002
Senior Software Engineer, Wipro Technologies, Bangalore, 1998-2000
KEY PROJECTS – ANNEXURE
KEY PROJECTS AT MPHASIS
Vodafone – Integration Competency Center/Business intelligence /One Bill L3 Support/ Vampire
Role: As Senior Project Manager responsible for managing four projects. Acted as a single point of contact for client coordination and for ensuring business continuity plan. Accountable for people management, tracking and coordinating with the client. Managed revenue and forecasts for the projects.
Responsible for maintaining operational efficiency within the team.
Duration: Dec 2010 – Ongoing
Team Size: Work with a 22-member team
Vodafone - Total Communications
Description: This project that was led by another Project Manager was replete with over 1000 escalations facing a penalty of one million pounds. There were escalations from both client and management perspective and project progress was hindered.
Role: Project Manager/Scrum Master. Identified to turnaround this project and achieve customer service satisfaction. Responsible for gathering business requirements, managing end-to-end development and scoping releases. Carried-out root cause analysis to avoid earlier mistakes. Created project plan and tracked to closure. Coordinated releases with other departments such as backend team and Quality Assurance. Besides managed a 25-member team who were low in confidence.
Duration: Feb-Dec 2010
- Reduced the total number of defects from 1350 to zero and raised customer confidence in a record span of two months. This resulted in a happy client who reported great satisfaction to the President of Mphasis with a gift of 10,000 pounds given to the team
- Turned-around this project from red to green in a short span of three months
- Boosted the confidence levels of team through continuous interaction and motivation
- Presented a paper as part of the Business Excellence group showcasing the steps taken to bring the project on track
Vodafone - Continuous Integration and Release Setup
Duration: Oct 2009-Feb 2010
Environment: Weblogic Application Server, Apache Web Server, Oracle db, Content Management System – STELLENT, Hudson, Maven
Role: Set-up a data center from scratch which involved coordinating with multiple support teams and laid the foundation for the first release and build cycles. The data center included setting-up multiple solaris servers, virtual environments and configuring the application. Involved in planning and scoping the project. Managed procurement and evaluation of continuous integration tools like Hudson, Maven and Solaris.
Vodafone Co.uk 7.2 and Google Search, Bangalore
Environment: Telecom, Weblogic Portal
Description: This was a project that generated revenues of approximately 52,000 GBP month. This was a B2C application using the conventional Water Fall model.
Role: As Project Manager responsible for gathering business requirements, project planning, development, defect management and release cycles. Conducted performance tests for user acceptance. Managed a
Duration: Jan-Oct 2009
- Involved in planning and scoping the project. Contributed to the architecture and design.
- Improved revenues for client delivered on time and used a new technology. Highly appreciated for this delivery with project featuring in a major newsletter for delivering with zero defects.
- Mentored and coached the team
Naming Registrar Portal/Verisign, Bangalore
Environment: Weblogic Portal, CMS, KavaCharts, Java, JSP, Struts, Oracle
Description: This was a B2C application involving Weblogic portal. This project required working with a security certification.
Role: As Project Manager held project revenue responsibility. Involved with design and development. Garnered resources and managed team size of around eight people.
Duration: July 2008-Jan 2009
- Delivered the product end-to-end. This entailed, user requirement analysis, development, unit testing and support during integration testing
Environment: Java, BEA Weblogic, JSP, Struts
Role: Technical Leader. Responsible for designing the solution for the entire V (2.0) of GMOWB application. This was a Waterfall project. Led efforts towards understanding user requirements, design, release coordination, defect management, testing and quality control.
Duration: Mar 2007-Aug 2008
- Successfully developed the GMOWB Ver 2.0 leading teams at two locations (Bangalore and Chennai)
- Made valuable contributions towards requirement analysis
- Played a key role in getting this project on track. Awarded for this project at a very early stage during career with Mphasis
- Led and motivated a 20-member team
KEY PROJECTS AT MINDTREE
eBay, Deluxe SPTI, Bangalore
Environment: Java, IBM Websphere, WSAD
Role: Technical Leader for two eBay projects and for Sony Laboratories. Responsible for requirement analysis, feature database design and implementation of promotional sale feature for the eBay application. Managed code reviews. Evaluated products required for developing the system like WSAD, Websphere, JExcel, iTExt for PDF converter.
Duration: June 2005-Mar 2007
- Played a key role resulting in a ‘Gold Award’ in San Francisco for being the best B2C site acknowledged for user-friendly approach and high performance
- Maximised the usage of Open Source products reducing the cost incurred by client
- Mentored the team towards developing the system
SPNR & PGWS Enhancement, Denver, USA & Bangalore, India
Client : Cendant
Environment: SOA, Web Services, Java, IBM DB2
Role: As Technical Leader transitioned a new CENDANT project based out of Denver, US. Responsible for system analysis, design, estimation, coding and integration testing.
Duration: Dec 2004–May 2005
- Received client appreciation for being proactive managing independently in the role of Project Lead
- Appreciated for technical competence for suggesting and implementing several applications that earned clients’ respect
- Enhanced the PGWS system that hosted the airline subsystem
- Mentored teams to deliver results
Porting Interwoven Teamsite
Environment: Interwoven Teamsite, OpenDeploy, weblogic Portal Server, Websphere Portal Server, MySap Portal Server, JSP, Java and Source Management Tools: CVS
Role: Responsible for installation & configuration of Teamsite, OpenDeploy, TeamPortal Website, Weblogic Portal Server and WebSphere Portal Server. Responsible for development, release, support and testing. Analysed changes required between new and old versions.
Duration: July 2003-Apr 2004
- Received client appreciation towards smooth project closure single-handedly
- Contributed to Open Source that was published in Greensource. Received a certificate. Insight was name of the product
Key Project at Allied Informatics
Mississippi State Tax Commission
Client: Tax Commission, Clinton, MS, USA
Environment: EJB, IBM Visual Age for Java 4.0/3.5.3, IBM WSAD 4.0.3, MQSeries, Java Bean, Java 2.0, IBM Websphere 3.5. Design Tools: Rational Rose 7.5. Testing Tools: JTest, JProbe. Database: IBM DB2. Source Management Tools: PVCS 6.7.10
Role: This project was for the US Government. Responsible for coding, design and development.
Duration: Jul 2001-Aug 2002
- Developed the Business Model Framework for the first E-Commerce infrastructure of the Tax System
- Mentored team members and trained them in getting acquainted with the architecture and the IDE
- Migrated the entire framework from Visual Age to WSAD successfully
- Increased the efficiency of the system by performance tuning
Key Projects at Wipro Technologies
Worked on several projects like GeoUtilities Utility E-Services Superstore, Online Skill Test & Search Engine, Online MIDAS and Intranet portal as a Senior Software Engineer and Module Leader.