Unified Vision Group, Principle Consultant/Owner
May 2008 - Present, Grandville, MI, United States
I have worked as an executive coach and Portfolio Management consultant for over 25 years using a proprietory business agile framework we have developed. The past 5 years have had an increasing focus and utilization of Scrum. Although not a CST, I have trained hundreds of people in Scrum basics as well as advanced Agile techniques to senior level teams in Europe, the USA and Canada. Training has included;
* PMP Certification Boot Camps. We include Scrum as 30% of the content in these PMP focused courses so participants can understand the basics of Scrum and how it can make projects more successful. Even with this non-PMI additional content 100% of the participants in our Boot Camps who have sat for the exam have passed it on the first try (just under 100 students).
* Project Mangagement Fundamentals Including Scrum - A one day training course (Content is 50% Scrum) for businesses and non-profits. We have had over 500 participants in these sessions.
* Presentations to PMI Chapters. I have been the keynote speaker at 4 PMI Chapters with the topic "The Agile PMO".
I constructed the first successful Collegiate PM Competition in PMI history using a modified, distributed Scrum model in 2012. I was asked to present this program to the Leadership Institute at the International Congress of PMI in Vancouver BC October of 2012 which I did.
I am considered a "thought leader" in project management in West Michigan and have been on three radio talk shows, one regional TV show on PBS and been interviewed and quoted in over 20 articles in the local press in the past three years alone.
The market segments where I have applied Scrum and agile as a coach or consultant are;
* Finacial Services
* Counseling Services
* Logistics (SaaS software development)
* Bio-Technology (software development)
* Web site marketing
* Social Media Marketing Start-Up
My Brother Andrew Kallman, CSP, PMP has worked with me developing, and in some cases delivering with me, the training sessions using Scrum. He recently applied to obtain his Certified Scrum Coach designation.
Grand Rapids Community College, PMO Coach
March 2013 - May 2013, Grand Rapids, MI, United States
Worked with the CIO and PMO to optimize the process flow and structure of the PMO. Trained entire PMO staff in Agile/Scrum. Trained multiple members of the team in agile meeting facilitation and delivery techniques.
Mayday Institute, Lead organizing consultant
December 2012 - May 2013, Grandville, MI, United States
Used Scrum to organize a series of events called "Mayday - A Cry for Help" for this private foundation. Conducted 11 Mayday events for over 4,000 people over an 11 day period to raise awareness and funds for 4 organizaitons dealing with Sex Trafficking.
LeanLogistics, VP of Program Management
June 2011 - January 2012, Holland, MI, United States
I constructed and ran the office of PMO for this modified agile software development team. It is owned by a command and control waterfall based company from Australia and they consolodated all the PMO funtions to Orlando FLA closing down the Holland activity.