Walt Disney World, Business Technology Manager, CSM
March 2012 - Present, Lake Buena Vista, FL, United States
Business Technology Manager for Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, GBTS Services Delivery.
NCR Corp., Project Manager, CSM
December 2008 - March 2012, Lake Mary, FL, United States
Organize and facilitate agile project planning for the Entertainment Software line of business. Responsible for removing impediments from members of the team in order to maximize velocity and the delivery of sprint goals and deliverables. Facilitates and organizes daily stand-up, kick-off, reviews, demos, and retrospective meetings for distributed teams. Coordinates with Product Owner on release planning.
Actively works as a bridge between Entertainment Software and Solutions Management/SRT. Tracking and reporting of team progress including velocity and milestone performance to SRT. Overall, maintain clear agile strategy and ensure the process is used as intended by documenting and enforcing rules throughout the tema.
Impact: Established initial Blockbuster Express product, deployment to approximately 9,000 active kiosks; Scrum methodology provides high velocity, iterative development and rapid deployment of software so Entertainment LOB can react successfully to a dynamic industry.
• Introduce Entertainment Software to Scrum, transitioning from waterfall methodology.
• Configuration and administration of JIRA/GreenHopper software for facilitation of team's Scrum activities.
• Move from SharePoint to Confluence Wiki, including initial documentation of Scrum methods/rules.
• Facilitate internal and external communication in order to improve transparency, including custom reports and maintaining PlanView.
• Gold Images: Publish DR and RFC in Merlin for recording official releases.
• Established team's first distributed development efforts by visiting and building close working relationship with Japanese team; Facilitate daily scrum meetings with current Hyderabad team.
• Facilitate "Scrum of Scrums" across teams.
Electronic Arts - Tiburon, Development Director
March 2005 - December 2008, Orlando, FL, United States
Manage the delivery of assets and software systems for multiple game teams. Create strategic plans across all supported game teams and ensure successful, timely delivery. Prioritize tasks for tight game team deadlines, managing risks and planning for contingencies. Responsible for people management, including the motivation and professional development progress for high-end 3D artists and engineers. Created outsourcing plans, balancing the use of internal artists with temporary full time and outsourced resources.
Working on annual AAA titles such as Madden NFL requires continuous management of conflicting priorities, complex processes, and capacity planning within a limited resource pool, while achieving a high level of customer service and flexibility.
Impact: Shipped flagship titles for Electronic Arts, including Madden NFL 06 (Xbox 360), Madden NFL 07/08/09 (360, PS3), NFL Head Coach 09 (360, PS3), and NFL Tour (360, PS3), each year increasing sales and Metacritic scores of the products.
• Leveraged conceptual designs from producers, as well as R&D efforts in pre-production design coordination efforts prior to initial game design documentation.
• Created and published project plans using Microsoft Project 2008 and Project Server 2007.
• Established Scrum/Agile methodology within Central Football for internal product delivery.
• Coordinated efforts and testing plans between Quality Assurance and Game teams.
• Thorough post-mortem analysis, leading to new methods of development and life cycle management, significantly reducing the strain on developers and artists to create next generation titles.
• Member of select group of management responsible fore recruiting efforts within the studio.
• Member of team responsible for centralization of key technical development efforts, allowing technology, designs, and even entire packaged sybsystems to be shared among studio teams, and also throughout several studios across Electronic Arts.
• Performed video interviews with members of enthusiast press, such as G4 TV, ESPN, NFL Films, and GameTrailers.com