Sean C. VeZain
- Sean has 5+ years Scrum and 10+ years IT Project Management experience in both enterprise and higher education environments
- Sean’s technical background encompasses IT network infrastructure, operating systems, unified communications and the SDLC .
- Admin hard skills in strategic, business case and project planning, risk/change/dependency management, process development / improvement and knowledge transfer; soft skills in coaching, mentoring, championing, networking, team and trust building, communications, adaptability, and problem-solving.
- Utilizing Scrum and other agile techniques to effectively SDLC on over 30 projects.
- Sean is a certified ScrumMaster and Scrum Product Owner and respected leader, facilitator and mentor.
- Adept at utilizing Scrum principles to develop plan/track sprint backlogs, monitor stories, facilitate showcases/reviews retrospectives and daily scrums Teams included remote members located across the US and overseas.
- Sean’s maintains excellent communication, vendor management, presentation, facilitation, analytical and problem solving skills. He’s accomplished in consensus building, conflict resolution, and servant-leader support.
- Sean’s array of tool usage include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, OneNote, SharePoint and InfoPath.
- Skilled in multiple project management tools including Primavera P6, MS Project 2007-13 and Cognos.
- M.S. in Project Management and Training and Development, Illinois State University – 2006
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management, Illinois State University – 2005
- B.S in Computer Systems Technology, Illinois State University – 2004
- Client/server, networking, operating systems, equipment maintenance and ICs
Professional Designations and Associations
- Certified Scrum Master
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
- ITIL Foundations v3
- Project Management Institute - Member
- Project Management Institute-Central IL Chapter - Member
- Illinois Regional Agile Users Group – Board of Directors
State Farm Insurance, Business Analyst
June 2005 - Present, Bloomington, IL, US
Delivered products varying from infrastructure, mainframe and mobile.. Led as many as 5 concurrent efforts with team sizes up to 20 members, including remote and overseas team members.
Implemented solutions from IBM, Oracle, Microsoft and custom developed internal applications.
Managed a team of Business Analysts working across multiple IT Programs having annual budgets ranging $10 million to $30 million.
Program liaison to the Change Advisory Board (CAB) tracking and managing all system modifications and updates.
Responsible to accurately identify, track and resolve risks, issues and dependencies within and between projects.
Mentor and develop team members’ skills and understanding of Scrum, Agile and Project Management processes to create effective high performing teams.