Over 9 years of experience in Software Industry as Scrum master, Test Project Manager, Product Engineer and Testing professional in reverse chronological order. Able to solve technical problems by thinking. Thrives for creativity in each of the responsibilities.
Scrum Master (at present for last 1.5 years)
Serving two teams at present
- Removing impediments – be it any hardware or response from any other team, etc.
- Mentoring, motivating and coaching the teams benefits of Scrum is explained
- Resolve internal conflicts within the teams
- Radiation of information regarding daily progress and highlight performances
- Protecting the team from external disturbances. Motivate and support the team to try and inspect new things in their work
- Helping the team to be self-organized
- Support the Product Owner in various aspects such as release planning by facilitating the team to provide story points against user stories
- Motivating the teams to implement automation and facilitate them with tools such as CI server
Test Project Manager (2 years)
Testing projects involve testing of Lexmark Printer drivers, Lexmark Scan drivers, installation and associated Lexmark applications. This includes 8 teams with a total strength of about 50 team members.
- Understand the testing effort by analyzing the requirements of project.
- Testing effort estimation
- Project scheduling with respect to testing
- Identification of areas of automation implementation
- Changing test strategies to meet business needs
- Arrangement of the hardware (mainly printers) for the project
- Assigning tasks to the respective teams
- Daily monitoring of test progress
- Communicating regularly with development teams to align testing needs accordingly
Product Engineer (5 years)
Leading a team of Product Engineers for Lexmark Printer drivers and installation, Lexmark Document Solutions Suite and Lexmark MarkVision Professional (a printer management tool)
- Communicating with second-level of support to get to know the problem
- Field issue reproduction
- Identifying area of problem
- Finding workarounds
- Solving the problem, if required help is solicited from the development team
- Finding ways to implement the solution at the customer’s end
- Communicating directly with the clients for critical issues
Product Development (simultaneous projects during early phase of Product Engineer)
- Developed Inventory Management System (in-house project) in PHP and MYSQL
- Developed Call Logging System (in-house project) in PHP and MYSQL
- Developed a tool named LexPETool which can be used to gather information regarding printers installed on a Windows Operating system and other System information. The tool is designed to work on all Windows platforms. This is developed in MFC.
- Discuss with other teams, management to gather requirement
- Designing the application
- UI design
- Using iterative method to get feedback from stakeholders
- Database designing
Testing (10 months)
- Testing of printer drivers
- Scrum methodology
- Project Management
- Printer driver architecture
- C, C++
- Testing methodologies
Lexmark International (India) Pvt. Ltd., Scrum Master, Test Project Manager, Product Engineer, Testing Professional
June 2006 - Present, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Working as a Scrum Master (for last 1.5 years) and serving two teams.
Worked as Test Project Manager for 2 years.
Lead a team of Product Engineers for 5 years.
Development exposure in C, C++, PHP, MySql.
Worked as a Testing professional for 10 months.
Praxis Softek Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Product Engineer, Testing Professional
June 2003 - June 2006, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Worked as a contractor to Lexmark International (India) Pvt. Ltd.