Ciklum, Software Development Manager
August 2004 - March 2012, Islamabad, Pakistan
Ciklum is a Danish innovative IT outsourcing company specializes in near & offshore software development, consultancy and SCRUM based agile software development.
Software Development Manager (Mar’06 – Mar’12)
Performed the following activities as Software Development Manager
• Managed projects from initial requirements gathering to successful delivery and deployment
• Team building for clients from Scandinavia region for carrying out software development, maintenance and support activities
• Point of contact for customers of development center for defining appropriate engagement models and strategic health monitoring of projects, risk identification & mitigation and matters related to development teams' performance.
• Worked with sales team in generating work for the development teams.
• Developed RFPs, submitted bids for fixed cost projects, ensured on-time and within budget delivery of several fixed cost projects.
• Ensured optimal utilization of developers, architects, UI designers, testers and project managers hence maximized profitability of development center.
• Implementation of Agile methodologies and suitable SDLC techniques in projects,
• Worked as head of project management team for compliance of processes, project performance analysis and coaching
Senior Project Manager (Aug02 - Feb06)
• Led the development team of Denmark based customer Dangaard Telecom to work on retail marketing and customer care solutions Implemented Extreme Programming model in design4All for product development.
• Managed a project for the implementation of an enterprise content management solution of a Denmark based client GN in MS CMS2002 and later MOSS2007 technologies.
• Managed Implementation, deployment and maintenance of a customer relationship management solution of GN in MS Dynamic CRM.
• Managed several small to medium size fixed cost projects of effort sizes in 500 to 6000 man hours.
• Completed fixed cost project of a Denmark based pharmaceutical Novo Nordisk for the implementation of a product portal of a new diabetes medicine.
Software Engineering Research Center, Project Manager
October 2002 - July 2004, Lahore, Pakistan
SERC is engaged with local software development organizations to help inculcate understanding on managing offshore development projects.
• Developed plans, sought approvals from clients and executed SERC-industry joint venture projects.
• Completed two such projects in collaboration with Xavor Internationals in which the code of a customer care application of a multi-national bank was re-factored for better performance, scalability and maintenance.
CresSoft, Project Manager
May 1996 - September 2002, Lahore, Pakistan
Crescent Software Products (CresSoft) was a leading offshore software development service provider headquartered in Denver, Colorado USA with offshore development centers in Lahore and Karachi, Pakistan.
• Managed development of new modules of Pilot Staffer system as offshore PM. Provided technical support to IT team and process support to end users in Northwest Crew Planning and Scheduling department for carrying out monthly staffing cycles.
• Carried out initial requirements analysis, functional specifications document, design and planning of tasks, deliverables and schedule on eBdo project of BP Inc. USA as offshore PM
• Led the offshore development teams of BP Inc. USA in the development of eBDO B2B marketplace solution for large customers of BP. Provided technical support and maintenance to BP for a period of one year.
• Carried out detailed analysis of requirements of enterprise system of Leglar Nafis Pvt. Ltd
• Developed Campaign Management Module of a Customer Care product of Time Warner Communications Inc. USA. Carried out the development work in VisualWorks Smalltalk.
• Participated in a migration activity in which the Customer Care product was redesigned and developed in Powerbuilder technology. Developed catalog, shopping cart, order submission and tracking functionality.
• Developed the front end user interface layer of a Pilot Staffer application of Northwest Airlines Inc. USA in Powerbuilder and performed an integration of Powebuilder code with a rule based expert system built in ART enterprises.
• Carried out detailed analysis of end user requirements at Northwest Airlines headquarter in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.
• Led the offshore development teams of Pilot Staffer system in the implementation of preference list generation, position award and reductions functionality.
LUMS, Computer Programmer
July 1995 - April 1996, Lahore, Pakistan
Enhanced the financial accounting applications of General Ledger (GL), Account Payable (AP), Assets Management(AM) and Cash Management in the accounts department of university.
Developed facility reservation and mail tracking system of university.
Carried out development work in Visual C, Powerbuilder, MS Foxpro, Oracle database