Shamesh Bickram Dhoj Joshi
Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering Aug 2005
Pulchowk Campus, Institute of Engineering,
Pulchwok, Lalitpur, Nepal
- Proficiency Certificate Level, Physical Group July 2001
Viswa Niketan Science Campus,
Tripureswor, Kathmandu, Nepal
- School Leaving Certificate July 1999
Ananda Kuti Vidyapeeth,
Swayambhu, Kathmandu, Nepal
1st Prize, Open Software Competition, LOCUS 2006 organized by Department of Electronics and Computer Engineering, Pulchowk Campus.
Certified ScrumMaster – Member # 000154908 from ScrumAlliance
Certified Scrum Developer - Member # 000154908 from ScrumAlliance
Certification on Introduction to CMMI for Development v 1.3
- Volunteered in Narayan Pariwar Club as Coordinator in the Child Health Care and Awareness project, a joint effort of World Vision International, Kathmandu ADP, Narayan Pariwar Club and Paleswaan Pucha for the free health care benefit of children of age 3 to 13 years.
- Volunteered in various social welfare projects via Leo club of Balaju as member and secretary for L.Y 2009/2010.
- Volunteered and coordinated various social welfare programs via Lions club of Balaju Youth as secretary for L.Y 2010 /2011, L.Y 2011 / 2012.
- Winner of Open street drama Competition organized by Nepal Family Planning Association, Sept 18, 2006.
Verisk Information Technologies, Engineering Manager
April 2009 - Present, Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal
• Supervise the overall technical aspects of projects deliverables, device solutions and implementation.
• Supervise and manage resource pool of engineering cluster
• Coordinate with Project Management to outline requirements, priorities and timelines.
• Work with Project Manager to map employee skill set and interests to project deliverables.
• Handle personal issues and benefits for subordinates
• Develop work breakdown structure for complex projects and allocation of work units.
• Manage and contribute to the development process and coding practices.
• Work with Quality Assurance to ensure complete functional coverage, enable an automation strategy, provide technical assistance and prioritize defects.
• Work with Software architect to ensure that the application will scale and perform, help to identify and mitigate system design issues early and ensure that deployment are coordinated and controlled.
Verisk Information Technologies, Senior Software Engineer
November 2007 - March 2009, Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal
• Lead the development team of Legacy projects.
• Migrate JSP based system to MVC modeled JSF technology.
• Analyze, design, modify and develop complex software projects.
• Assist Engineering Manager and Software Architects to develop design and technical specification documents.
• Manage and implement unit testing to ensure functional requirements and met the code performs as expected.
• Perform code review to ensure coding standards have been observed.
• Communicate with Project Manager, customer and other programmers to ensure projects effective and efficient delivery.
• Mentor and supervise Interns.
Verisk Information Technologies, Software Engineer
November 2006 - November 2007, Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal
• Involvement in research and development of various modules of legacy product.
• Ensure quality code with proper unit testing.
Professional Computer System, Software Engineer
April 2006 - November 2006, Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal
• Involved in design and development for SACOOS, banking software for saving and cooperatives of Nepal.
• Involved in network restructuring of whole building for effective data communication and networking.