Scrum Alliance, PMI and IBM certified Senior Project Manager for software development with a proven track record of successfully managing multiple complex technical projects simultaneously, from initiation through closing. Extensive experience in leading cross functional global teams, developing and managing schedules, risk, and communications plans. Consistent high levels of performance dealing with people, products, and services. Excellent presentation and communication skills. Works well as a leader, an integral part of a team, or independently, while motivating others to maximum potential.
IBM, Project Manager
January 2000 - March 2012, Poughkeepsie, NY, United States
Functional Project Manager 2011 – 2012
Managed communication plan for 12 software components and 70 line items. Functioned as liaison between development / test teams and release and brand management.
• Developed and presented weekly area status to stakeholders. Identified, managed, and tracked issues and risks.
Project Manager – Product Development 2004 – 2012
Led small to medium-sized teams (20– 30 members) to deliver complex technical solutions. Managed all phases of the project lifecycle. Initiated cross functional, worldwide product level core teams to plan schedules, assess risk, and develop contingency / mitigation and communication plans.
• Facilitated team status meetings to gather project progress, manage defects / problems, and identify issues.
• Presented regular status reports to a variety of stakeholders.
• Successfully managed “troubled projects,” resulting in meeting target dates.
• Identified critical paths and interlocked with other divisions for dependencies.
• Coached and mentored team members to take positive actions towards project success
Project Manager – Release Status 2003 – 2004
Managed software defect backlog for software releases. Provided weekly status reports to stakeholders.
• Drove automation of reports previously done manually, resulting in significant time savings and ease in report generation.
Project Manager – Software Quality Analyst 2000 – 2003
Planned and implemented schedule of program education and training in a software defect analysis method across multiple software components for both test and development teams.
• Prepared quality analysis and developed process improvement action plans based on results