Postmedia Network Inc, Director, Digital Operation
July 2011 - Present, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Director of Digital Operations at Postmedia Network Inc. Managing project managers, business and QA analysts for most digital projects for the organization. In charge of project process and agile transformation.
The Globe and Mail, Web Development Manager
November 2007 - July 2011, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
• Manage a team of 7 full time and 3 contract developers responsible for development of all the company’s online properties.
• Defined coding standards and train development team accordingly.
• Implemented an agile approach to software development, including implementing daily scrums, a sprint board and product backlog.
• Partner with business owners to define project scope and timelines.
• Communicate with third party vendors and help implement their products into the Globe and Mail’s environment.
• Responsible for interviewing and hiring of all full time and contract web developers.
• Mentor team in all aspects of development.
• Deliver performance reviews and manage progress of development team.
• Experience in mobile space, including development of company’s mobile web site and providing direction to third party for app development.