Slalom Consulting, Consultant
July 2013 - Present, Denver, Colorado, United States
Internal Agile Coach (July 2012 - Present)
Define learning roadmap for Agile and Scrum in the Denver office, develop and deliver consultant training related to Agile Estimating and Planning, ScrumMaster and Product Owner responsibilities and overall Scrum Framework. Provide oversight on Agile and Scrum engagements in the Denver market.
Agile Coach / ScrumMaster - Telecommunications Client (August 2012 - Present)
Serve as ScrumMaster over multiple teams delivering on one of client's top strategic initiatives for 2012 and 2013. Serve as Agile Coach to Product Management and Advanced Engineering groups. Work with Business Analysts and Product Owners on writing effective user stories and Product Backlog management. Facilitate Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and ongoing Backlog Grooming sessions across multiple scrum teams
Neudesic, Director, Consulting Services / Agile Coach
April 2010 - May 2012, Denver, Colorado, United States
Provided leadership and oversight of all Mountain Region consulting projects with focus on portfolio risk management, project profitability, customer relationship management, delivery quality, and client/consultant satisfaction. Served as internal Agile Coach for all Agile-based project delivery.
• ScrumMaster taking over a distressed project that was behind schedule with a dissatisfied customer. Engaged with project team and client stakeholders to define priorities, re-assess team skills mix and re-baseline schedule. Delivered project successfully and won internal Customer Experience award based on the outcome.
• ScrumMaster for $1MM+ budget, geographically-dispersed Agile development team building custom Microsoft .NET, web-based, SAAS solution for Dental Practice Management by the market leader in the Dental Practice Consulting space.
• ScrumMaster for SharePoint 2010 Portal Workflow Management Application that increased on-time job delivery of quarterly financial report filings for end customers from 56% the prior quarter to 95% for a financial reporting technology company.
• ScrumMaster for Enterprise Data Warehouse project that delivered consolidated financial information from Costpoint and other data sources using Microsoft SQL Server 2008, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) for the aerospace technology subsidiary of a $6B Consumer Goods company. Led team of data architects, business intelligence / SQL developers, business analysts, quality assurance and financial system functional experts.
ESRG, Agile Coach / ScrumMaster
December 2009 - April 2010, Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Provided leadership and oversight of engineering and web technology product development teams of 20+ resources.
• ScrumMaster for large, geographically-dispersed Agile development teams.
• Delivered insight into weekly team progress by implementing enhancements to Jira Studio and the Greenhopper Agile Dashboard for enhanced control and reporting of team progress against critical customer requirements and milestones.
• Managed project budget with an average monthly burn rate in excess of $500K.
• Led Release/Sprint Planning, Demos and Retrospective sessions with Product Owner and Scrum teams.
TD Ameritrade, Agile Coach and Portfolio Manager
October 2008 - September 2009, Denver, Colorado, United States
Managed Technology Integration Projects and Strategic Project Portfolios. Served as Agile Coach assisting Technology Organization shift to Agile/Scrum.
• ScrumMaster for initial stages of organizational implementation of Agile Methodology, including VersionOne pilot.
• Managed strategic portfolio of business and technology projects and led Portfolio Steering Committee with Executive Leadership focused on acceleration of business initiatives with positive impact on overall company profitability.
• Managed strategic portfolio of technology transformation projects and led Steering Committee with Technology Senior Management focused on improving cost management and organizational agility, and reducing technology budget by 20%.
• Developed executive dashboard reporting by aggregating data from Salesforce.com, financial and operational systems.