Bio not yet available for Rik Eberhardt. If you are Rik Eberhardt, login and then click Edit Profile to get started.
MIT Game Lab, Studio Manager
September 2012 - Present, Cambridge, MA, United States
Manage administrative team for the research lab, responsible for grant writing, fundraising, budgeting, hiring, information technology, outreach; Serve as project manager for various game development projects; mentor & coach student producers on project management techniques and best practices; Responsible for development curriculum for MIT undergraduate courses on video game production and design (co-teach on CMS.611 and CMS.617); Conduct design research on serious games topics; Organize public events for outreach and education purposes.
Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab, Studio Manager
April 2007 - August 2012, Cambridge, MA, United States
Managed administrative team for the US-based research lab, responsible for budgets, hiring, information technology, and outreach; Served as Game Director and Product Owner for various game development projects; Served as Producer Mentor for intern Producers during our summer development program; Responsible for development curriculum for MIT undergraduate courses on video game production and design; Organized public events for outreach and education purposes.
- Created course curriculum for CMS.611 "Creating Videogames", an adaptation of our 9-week game development program to a 15-week game development class, and CMS.617 "Advanced Games Studio", a project-based advanced course for students who've completed CMS.611
- Created a 9-week Producer's Workshop for student Producers, teaching production practices and soft skills required to manage small (9-10 person) teams;
- Formalized the Lab's development process, a process for developing games in 9 weeks by student interns using a mix of agile (Scrum) and waterfall methodologies;
- Directed multiple award-winning student games designed for research purposes;
- Site organizer for the Lab's participation in the Global Game Jam (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012) and organizer of multiple other game jams held at the Lab.