Ipswitch, Director, Platform, Network Management
May 2013 - Present, Alpharetta, GA, United States
Leading team in refactoring of underlying platform from existing product base to create a plug-in architecture using Scrum methodologies.
athenahealth, Director -- Application Development (Anodyne)
November 2009 - May 2013, Alpharetta, GA, United States
athenahealth acquired Anodyne Health in October 2009.
* Responsibilities and roles from the Anodyne Health position carried over into this position. Wore product owner, scrum master and team lead hats at various times.
* Transitioned from reporting to Anodyne's CTO to reporting to athenahealth's CTO as part of the Anodyne executive team.
Anodyne Health, Director -- R&D
June 2007 - November 2009, Alpharetta, GA, United States
* Implemented agile development practices at Anodyne; incuding the underlying infrastructure. Incorporated the practices both in the Alpharetta and Charlotte offices. Wore scrum master and team lead hats at various times.
* Managed and led development for Anodyne's Analytics and Dashboard applications.
* Managed the Charlotte team responsible for the development of Anodyne's coding technology and for custom development for specific clients.
* Developed a variation of the Analytics technology for use with Anodyne's sales and marketing data.
* Implemented new review process for technical employees.
* Contributor to third-tier customer support and technical support for sales and marketing.
Applied Systems Intelligence, Inc., Chief Scientist -- R&D
October 1999 - May 2007, Roswell, GA, United States
* Product/project manager (4 years) and technical lead (6 years) for ASI's PreAct software suite and training courses
* Early adopter of Agile and Scrum methodologies -- used Scrum methodologies from 2002 onwards for product and project development. Wore product owner, scrum master, team lead and team member hats on various occasions.
* Member of ASI's Software Engineering Process Group, which led ASI to a CMM Level 3 appraisal in 2005 using a 100% Scrum approach
* Served terms on Strategic Planning and Knowledge Engineering Standards Committees
* Led development of prototype systems for health assessment via Bayesian biometric parameter analysis and intelligent vacation planning
* Led development of demonstration systems for intelligence analysis, missile defense and child welfare case management.
* Key member of team that developed a proof-of-concept demonstration (ICAV) for the command and control of multiple unmanned air vehicles by an operator.
* Provided technical expertise in support of business development in all business areas.
* Assisted in evaluating and pursuing government R&D funding opportunities.
* Acted as software/knowledge engineering consultant in all business areas.