Champlain College, Adjunct Professor
January 2012 - Present, Burlington, VT, United States
1) Developed course material to instruct “open source software development”
2) Instructed 20 students Spring semester 2012 – “open source software development”
3) Currently instructing class using Agile methodologies including sprints, retrospectives, reviews, and sprint planning.
GE HEALTHCARE it, Engineering Manager
January 2006 - Present, South Burlington, VT, United States
1) Manage/coach/inspire/lead 14 engineering resources to their full potential
2) Converted team to delivering software using Agile process and methods for 2 years
3) Delivered 4 large programs while implementing a new quality management system [QMS] process. We were able to accomplish this by utilizing a database driven tool so that engineering resources could continue to accomplish their day to day work, while we extracted documentation for the QMS in the background.
4) Manage a 1.5 MM annual Budget, including planning, tracking
Release Program Manager /Project Manager, Release Program Manager /Project Manager
January 2004 - December 2006, South Burlington, VT, United States
1) Release program manager for Major release Program
Managed 3000 hours of regression testing and defect correction over 6 weeks. This project involved 20 FTEs and involved close monitoring, Higher than predicted defects (realization of risk), quick response/correction (mitigation) and ultimately delivered on time.
2) Project Manager
Successfully incepted, executed, closed, and transitioned 10 projects:
* Project management at IDX involves leading with no influence (Matrix structure).
* Quality Systems / FDA regulated projects involving much documentation and process.
* Delivery from inception through packaging include working with and leading many internal organizations (Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Support).
GE Healthcare IT, Lead Software Engineer
January 1998 - December 2004, South Burlington, VT, United States
Connectivity Development. Participated in the design, support and development of the client/server product. Client layer is an ASP served web page. Server layer is C++ and Visual Basic COM components accessing Microsoft SQL Server (version 7,2000).
* Created, Designed and Developed a C++ service oriented architecture product to service 2 internal operating units.
* Enterprise Index. IDX’s Master Patient Index. Participated in the design and Development of the Client/Server product. Client layer was Microsoft Visual Basic. Server layer was Microsoft Visual Basic accessing Microsoft SQL Server.
* Connectivity continuing engineering. Client Support and code fixes.