Nokia Inc, Program Manager, Agile Coach, Product Owner
February 2010 - Present, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
· Planned and executed multiple programs end-2-end under Identity Management umbrella.
· Worked as Scrum Coach inside the organization organizing several trainings and coaching programs.
· Manages Product Backlog, Team Velocity, Sprint/Product Burn Down charts and share with all stakeholders
· Organize and facilitate various planning, estimation, backlog grooming and review meetings
· Being senior member of the organization, built solid scrum masters who could take over responsibility to understand and enforce the rules of Scrum as per Twelve Agile Principles.
· Removing impediments from team while promoting self-management and constantly improving standards of work
· Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments such as marketing and legal.
· Communicate with senior management, developers, customers and technical support specialists on product plan and issues.
· Manage third-party partner and/or vendor relationships, as necessary.
1. Complete turn-around of the team which was lacking focus, direction and accountability to a team of highly motivated individuals who deliver good quality software leading to ZERO escape defects
2. Expand the business by bringing in fifteen new internal Nokia services to use our product
3. Implemented key XP practices such as Continuous Integration, Pair Programming, Test Driven Development, Collective Code Ownership, Test Automation
4. Strong progress towards continuous delivery mode.
5. Achieved 100% test automation
Cisco inc, Technical Lead/ Scrum Master
September 2007 - January 2010, San Jose, CA, United States
· All responsibilities of Scrum Master such as facilitating Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Review and Retrospection.
· Lead continuous improvement in Scrum practices.
· Lead and guide a team of talented individuals on day-to-day basis to deliver product exceeding quality benchmark and help maintain the program on target.
· Present alternative approaches for estimates and scope decisions that meet client’s objectives
· Identify and recommend changes to established practices and policies.
· Negotiate scope changes to produce win-win results
· Identify, quantify and track issues and risks in the project.
· Create and analyze reports on track status, issues and risks. Report major risks and issues to the Project leadership and stakeholders.
1. Product won the honor of “MacWorld Best of Show” at MacWorld Expo 2009.
2. Top 25% performer in the Business Unit.
3. Helped successfully deliver multiple high quality products within defined budget and timelines.
Seven Networks, Technical team Lead/ Sr. Software Engineer
October 2006 - August 2007, Redwood City, CA, United States
Lead and architect the development of the next generation integrated multi-account complete messaging client on BREW and uiOne platform for an enhanced end-user experience.
· Architect several Base Class utilities forming the foundation of the product.
· Work on in-house UI Framework for enhanced end-user experience.
· Participate in team appraisals, project milestone and code reviews. Work closely with QA.
· Actively maintain the Project Plan, Functional Specification, Design Document, and Working Document.
1. Successfully delivered the BREW email client to Sprint that got embedded on the latest handsets.
2. Evangelized email prototype on uiOne technology
Nokia Inc, User Interface Chief
November 2004 - September 2006, San Diego, CA, United States
Efficiently performed tasks ranging from product code development to interacting with marketing team and in the areas of Project Planning and Product Creation Process.
· Capture/ Implement/ Track UI software requirement for the program
· Participate in program R&D milestone reviews for UI software deliverables.
· Interface with other groups and Core Software Chiefs, Product Stream Leads, Customer Stream Leads, and Product Marketing Managers
1. Keeping the program on target
2. Letter of Appreciation awarded from Client (Sprint) Team.
Scanbuy Inc, Software Engineer
February 2003 - October 2004, New York, NY, United States
Co-inventor of two patented research products. Software Engineer to Team Lead.
ITC Infotech India Ltd., Software Engineer
October 1999 - July 2001, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Played various roles from fresh recruit to Team Leader.