· More than 13 years of extensive progressive IT experience (including Overseas Experience with Open Solutions), combining managerial and technical expertise in the implementation of diversified, complex, full lifecycle software engineering and management experience ranging from rapid PC application development to n-tier, web based, object-oriented, enterprise system development using a variety of management and development models.
· Been involved in the Requirements Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Management of several software projects. Have worked with IT firms with clients in USA, Europe, Australia and India, well versed with CMMI processes. Competent in Process definition, generating process awareness, and effective process implementation and monitoring. Have managed large team sizes and successfully delivered projects on the Offshore Development models.
· Versatile IT Domain expertise in Banking, Financial, Medical, Market Research, Manufacturing, Media, application suites for management of Human and Infrastructure resources, E-Commerce solutions etc. also handled Recruitment and Business Development activities.
· Methodical and judicious approach to all aspects of Project Management. Perceptive people management and excellent motivational skills have proved handy for cost-effective and timely completion of software projects. Ability to handle sensitive/confidential issues. Have consistently delivered to the satisfaction of both internal and external clients.
· Good written and oral communication skills, ability to influence people through a sincere, genuine and constructive approach. Sound decision-making ability, vision, ability to define long-term and short-term goals, effective leadership skills, dedication, and loyalty are my proven valuable assets.
· IT Strategic Planning
· Project, Program and Process Management
· Versatile IT Domain expertise
· Quality Process Management
· Change and Release Management
· Process Re-engineering
· Project Evaluation
· Pre & Post Sales/Marketing Support
· Education Management
· Executive & Technical Presentations
· Defect Prevention
· Implementation of projects using CMMI
· Part of process appraisal, process definition, process rollout, and process maturity as a SEPG member.
Key Result Areas:
· Managing team(s) up-to size of 30 people working on multiple technology & domain areas
Estimation and Planning:
· Project size & effort estimation using Function Point Analysis & Work Break Down Structure techniques
· Project plan preparation & execution as per the well defined quality procedures in line with the CMMI key practices.
· Some of the key control areas of planning include project effort, size and schedule planning, identifying the resource requirements both in terms of manpower & technology resources, setting up the development and implementation strategies, setting up quality plan, project tracking & reporting mechanisms, configuration management plan, risk identification & mitigation plan, setting up project goals related to schedule, size & effort variances - change management and defect management
Review and Control:
· Review of project activities related to Configuration management, Quality process adherence
· Review of user requirements & base-lining of requirements with clients approval
· Review & approval of design & architecture for the business applications before entering into construction phase
Client Expectation Management:
· Interaction with client at regular intervals for reporting the status of the projects and addressing the concerns to maintain a high level a customer satisfaction
· Addressing change management issues along with client
· Mapping the business vision with the key result areas and activities, problem identification, and outlining the information requirements using well defined techniques.
· Business analysis & Requirements study for the project initiated in various domains.
· Technical & Financial feasibility study for the IT Projects
· High level design of the proposed technology solution along with financial & process change implications
· Information Strategy Planning study (generally taken-up as a separate project before going on for business application development), Formulating an IT roadmap for the clients
· Technical architecture design along with hardware sizing, system software requirements.
· Review of design activities of the team as per the schedules defined in the project management plan
Construction & Implementation:
· Development & construction of business applications as per the requirements outlined in the requirement study phase & the proposed architectural design
· Review of construction activities at regular intervals as per the schedules defined in the project management plan
· Initiate and coordinate user acceptance testing at the client location
· User training for administration & application usage
· Implementation & Warranty support
Pre Sales Support:
· Develop and present effective "Proof of Concept" or "pilots" to prospective clients.
· Support to business development team for making technical presentation to the clients & proposing it solution.
· Provide assistance in estimating / scoping customer requirements and to assist the incorporation of these into customer proposals.
· Preparation of technical proposal for the BD team
· To be a recognized Subject Matter Expert in specific domain / product areas and to be the source of knowledge transfer to colleagues, customers and partners
Software Quality Assurance:
· Setting up guidelines for various software metrics for planning and tracking of projects thru quantitative measurements (this includes metrics for schedule, effort, cost, defects, effort distribution, training effectiveness, review effectiveness, optimal utilization of resources)
· Process improvement activities (as a member of Software Engineering Process Groups)
1. Open Solutions Inc., Gurgaon, India
September 2007 to till date
Open Solutions Inc. (http://www.opensolutions.com) is a product development company, focuses on the financial services that include some of the largest banks, credit unions, insurance providers, retailers and wealth management companies in the world.
I am responsible for the overall development (Business Growth, Team Growth, Project Deliveries, etc.) of Custom Solutions group, which is also known as Professional Services. We have approximately 30 members in this group (including US and India). We provide the customized solutions to our existing and new customers (over 300 clients). We are very much Agile in nature.
2. Kring Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon, India
August 2006 to September 2007
Operational Management of the Projects [Project Evaluation, Planning, Follow-up, Budgeting, Project study, analysis & development, Client requirements gathering and analysis, Functional Specifications for projects] Risk analysis and management…..Definition and maintenance of the project schedule, deliverables, and actions/issues list…Development of Statements of Work (SOW) …preparation and presentation of the overall project status to the client, definition, implementation, and enforcement of process and procedures. Business analysis…designing technical architecture for Software Projects / Products. Preparation of Requirement analysis documents, and response to requests for proposals…Carrying out independent system study / Gap Analysis, effort/cost/time estimation, (using FPA, WBS models)…Delivery and Implementation using multiple methodologies (i.e. waterfall, spiral, RUP, etc.)…Manage teams with cross-functional technical expertise. Being as SEPG member…Process appraisal, process definition, process rollout, and process maturity.
3. Annik Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon, India
February 2001 to August 2006
Senior Software Engineer, Project Leader, Project Manager
Job Profile: Project Manager [2005 to 2006]
Managing entire SDLC involving Pre-Sales activities (like Project Estimation, Planning & effort estimation), Requirement Analysis, Quality Assurance, Project delivery and Implementation. Articulating technology roadmaps, Building technical proposals, Planning projects and Resource planning for software projects, Developing final specifications, Overseeing design and technical planning for the complete development cycle of the project and providing technical leadership, Understanding the client requirements and ensuring that the same is documented implemented and tested out, Managing customer interface, designing and implementing engineering methods for higher quality levels, Carrying out independent system study, analysis and designing, Preparation of project plan and documents for various phases of SDLC like Project Estimation, Planning and Control, Requirement Analysis, Quality Assurance, Project Delivery and Implementation…
Job Profile: Project Leader [2002 to 2005]
Responsible for project analysis and designing, its development and implementation … Interacting at technical level with customers, identifying and implementing design changes to provide customized solutions…Documentation of all Change Management and Version controlling…Responsible for Release of Projects… Interaction with Software Engineers on the Project Specification … Implementing Quality Test Plans and Test Procedures …
Job Profile: Senior Software Engineer [2001 to 2002]
Requirement analysis and design, code development, unit testing, deployment, documentation…
4. Maverick Logic Pvt. Ltd., Calcutta, India
April 2000 to January 2001
R&D Engineer [Senior Software Engineer]
Responsible for critical analysis and design, its development and implementation … Interacting at technical level with various teams, identifying and implementing design and engineering changes to provide customized solutions…Primary market research into team needs…
5. RDB Softwares, Noida, India
January 1997 to March 2000
Code development, unit testing, documentation…
· Principles of Banking from CFT (Center for Financial Training), USA
· SQR Training by Open Solutions
· Java (JDK1.1), Oracle and JBuilder from NIIT
· .NET Framework 1.1 from NIIT
· .NET Framework 3.0 by Kring Technologies
· Function Point Estimation by CyberQ
· CMMI Appraisal using SCAMPI Method by CyberQ
· CMMI Introduction by CyberQ
· ISO 27001 [Information Security] by Annik Technologies
· Software Metrics Project Management by CyberQ
· Project Business Communication at Kring Technologies
· Essentials of Project Management at Annik Technologies
· Quality Tools at Annik Technologies
· MBA (Operations and Systems) from IMT Ghaziabad [2004 to 2007]
· Bachelor of Arts (Math) from Delhi University [1994 to 1997]