Eric Yang has been a software project manager and a development team leader over 7 years. Eric has plenty of experience in cross-team, cross-department, cross-company or cross-continent projects. Eric built more than 3 teams and has taught more than 5 developers to become a team leader. Eric is familiar with Microsoft .NET, SQL, Office, Java and SAP. Eric always focus on how to achieve goal and solve problems in the most reasonable, efficient and cost effective ways. Eric learns new things very quickly and always will to accept challenges. Eric is often the "go-to guy" when others has questions. If Eric doesn't know the answer, he would find the answer for you. Eric is aware of abstract ideas and concepts. Eric uses an abstract, innovative, and/or creative set of preferences, to extend or expand what already exists. Eric views issues in macro-view and always concern on the overall output. Eric works as a good leader and also a team member. Eric is passion at work and he enjoys professional life same as his family life and church life.
Newegg.com, Business System Analyst
July 2012 - Present, Industry, California, United States
Work as liaison between department users and development teams. Act as Product Owner in projects. Create user stories and user acceptance criteria based on customers' requirement. Rank priority of user stories. Daily communication with stakeholders and development team members.
Newegg.com, Software Product Manager
October 2005 - July 2012, Industry, CA, United States
Serve as MIS Payment Team Leader, oversees 1 team member in US and 1 development team with 15 developers and testers in China. In charge of online payment processing, including credit card, PayPal and Bill Me Later transactions. In charge of order processing, acting as bridge between E-Commerce website, sales order system, fraud screening system and warehouse system.
Design, develop, maintain and control all payment related systems, including gateway service to 3rd party providers, query and report services for internal users. Analyze requests from department managers and business system analysts into technical requirements. Assign new projects to software development team and control projects progress. Use Agile/Scrum practice for development process since Jan 2010.
* Responsible for the designing, developing and implementation of 3rd party fraud screening solution in 2011.
* Redesigned and re-factored critical order charging and processing system in brand new SOA structure with WCF technology in 3 months in 2010. This change increase system process capacity 20 times than old systems. It also allows system to scale up and scale out. The new system has a lean design. it takes only 1/3 time or less to make major function change than old system.
* Designed and developed in-house payment gateway system for sending credit card transactions to tier 1 bank back end system directly in 2007. It eliminated the usage of 3rd party payment gateway service which saved company millions on credit card transaction fees every year.
* implemented SAP FICO modules in 2006. Designed and developed d data exchange solution for AR and credit card settlement data between legacy system and SAP.
* Implemented Microsoft Great Plains GL in 2005. Solved bulk data importing issue which was not fixed for months by 3rd party consultant.