Alcatel Lucent, PLM & Agilist: M-NGN
January 2005 - Present, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Designation/Role: Product Manager & Chief Agilist for M-NGN Product Unit (March 2011 - Present)
Group: Mobile NGN Product Unit
- Acted as Product Owner for Scrum Team( CUG for Video Call) Feb 2011-August 2011
- Agile Coach for newly formed teams, took care of teams training needs, piloting scrum in few teams (August 2011 - Present)
- As Chief Agilist, driving Agile transformation in Mobile NGN Product Unit, recommending implementation model without impacting much current customer deliveries. Started piloting Kanban approach for Sustaining releases.(August 2011 - Present)
Designation/Role:Deputy General Manager (DGM) (Feb 2012-March 2011)
Group: Product Line Management, Asia Pacific Region
- To plan roadmap of next upcoming release with right mix of key differentiator competition winning features, robustness & stability improvement features
- To collect inputs from customer/regional project teams on current operational issues, new requirements and provide them work around solution if feasible.
- In capacity of individual contributor, translating customer issues or needs into WCS5060 architecture based technical requirements
Designation/Role: Engineering Manager(April 2009 –Jan 2010)/Senior Dev. Manager(April 2008-March 2009) - Sustenance, Integration Testing & LAB teams
- To manage Integration Test team (size: 9), Sustaining team (size:10) and Lab team (size:2) in terms of technical guidance, grooming & people management.
- To formulate Pre-DR2 testing strategy for new releases, acquire technical understanding of features, resource planning and test execution, prepare miniPMP (Project Management Plan).
Designation/Role: Technical Manager-Enhancement & Integration team Jan 2005 - March 2008
- Design & Implementation of UMTS protocol simulators (RNCSim, AlcapSim,
BSCSim, ISUPSim) to test UMTS calls and CN side features
- To formulate integration test plan templates, Integration testing trackers, IT2ST HO criteria
HCL Perot Systems (DELL), Tech Lead
June 2002 - January 2005, Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Role: Tech Lead for Client: Spatial Wireless/Alcatel, USA .
Implementation & Testing of call processing features like CLIP, CLIR, PCA) for IS-41 core network.
Design & Implementation of “Integrated HLR” for GSM (MAP) core network..
Enhancements and bug fixing in DDF (Data Distribution) module.
Executing field trials, customer support for GSM1X (Qualcomm), GSM/IS41 (China Unicom), GSM (Hutch) systems & executing TEC approval activity in India.
Lab Resource Management, Unix Administration, Repository System (CVS) support
Armillaire Tech. Inc, Senior Member of Technical Staff
May 2001 - April 2002, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Porting and Stabilizing of ISDN PRI and PRA stack on ISM’s UIC Vxworks based card which involves writing application level call managers and its APIs to other modules.
Participated in ISDN compliance testing task.
Fixing PRs reported from test group of system group in ISDN module.
Design and implementation of 1 : N redundancy of Line card.
Involved in trouble shooting for field related issues by taking ownership of ISUP module.
Cisco Systems, Software Consultant
November 2000 - April 2001, Herndon, Virginia, United States
Role: Software Engineer TCAP/SCCP Module
Re-writing and unit-testing of TCAP & SCCP module as part of Vantage project which is basically re-design of signaling controller. Idea is to provide OPT (open packet telephony) model, migrating to Times Ten database, Enhanced provisioning method, alarms/logs notification.
Fixing of TCAP-SCCP module related PRs reported from live sites and product test groups
TeraBridge Technology Corp. , Telecom Software Consultant
March 2000 - October 2000, Gurnee, Ilinois, United States
Role: Telecom Software Consultant
Being part of “Requirements & QA” group, I provided high level design specification for incorporating MGCP in existing product ‘PathMinder” and then testing of MGCP interface with Cisco AS5300.
Stabilization of SS7, ISDN interface by providing first hand support to customer and problem simulation in labs.
Customer visits for quick problem solving (Tampa, Florida site)
Testing of features like LNP, 8XX, Universal dialing, Call forwarding etc.
CDOT , Research Engineer
July 1997 - February 2000, Delhi, Delhi, India
Role: Research Engineer –MAX-XL, MSC-GSM
Worked as CE (Coordinating Engineer) in HECS (Higher Erlang Capacity Switch), responsible for design & implementation of diagnostics and device control modules
Code changes and testing of call killing feature in CDOT’s GSM solution.
Feasibility analysis of GPRS solution on existing product
Code changes in MRP (Module Recovery Process) to support MEAC(Multiple Enhanced Announcements Cards)
Code changes in MRP (Module Recovery Process) to implement DRING (Distinctive Ringing) feature on existing product)
To visit customer sites for debugging & fixing critical problems.